Chicago Fishing Forum banner

How to troll for Walleye in a kayak + fail at the end smh

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Rambler 
#1 ·

Pretty self-explanatory as the title suggests....although I caught 2 walleye but only left with 1...how does this happen? Press play lol

#4 ·
ohoffm said:
Nice video. Love the flicker shad for walleyes.

If you did not hook the one in the mouth (foul hook) then I don't believe you can keep it legally anyway so it must have been DNR karma that let it get away.
Is that a real thing? I didn't know but the fish had the bait in its mouth, the front hook came off and the back stuck in the head. Karma definitely got me! lol

#5 ·
bobberwatcher said:
Another great video! Talk about multi-tasking! I've seen you net a fish, weigh it, measure it and practically simultaneously row back from shore! Too bad about the one that got away but you got a nice one before it!
Thank you man! Yeah I'll get another soon enough.

#7 ·
ChiCityYaker said:
ohoffm said:

If you did not hook the one in the mouth (foul hook) then I don't believe you can keep it legally anyway so it must have been DNR karma that let it get away.
Is that a real thing? I didn't know but the fish had the bait in its mouth, the front hook came off and the back stuck in the head. Karma definitely got me! lol
Foul-hooked fish aren't allowed to be kept, technically. AFAIK.

Nicely done. Like I told you before, I'm still trying to dial that lake in. I'll be out somewhere else tomorrow, though. So it will have to wait!

#9 ·
Darkstar72 said:
I know what I'm wearing out fishing now....just to tweak Rambler. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Star: Don't make me no never-mind if you want to appear in public like that. :shock:

Like they say, there ain't no accountin' for taste. :lol:

BTW - if I made a video like Yakker's (that's assuming I could figure out how to make a video) I'd title it "How not to troll for Walleyes". I'd probably spend most of the time trying to untangle my line from stumps, branches, me, etc, etc.

#10 ·
Rambler said:
Another great vid. Even better, no ugly freakin' Sox cap! :D
lolol yeah I realized I need to be neutral in my videos. Thanks bro

#11 ·
SmalliesNEyes said:
ChiCityYaker said:
ohoffm said:

Nicely done. Like I told you before, I'm still trying to dial that lake in. I'll be out somewhere else tomorrow, though. So it will have to wait!
Thanks for the info. A little time on the water and you'll have it dialed in no problems.

#12 ·
Darkstar72 said:
Rambler said:
Another great vid. Even better, no ugly freakin' Sox cap! :D
I know what I'm wearing out fishing now....just to tweak Rambler. :lol: :lol: :lol:
hahahah should start a thread called "Rambler Loves Sox" and post nothing but different sox pictures....talk about TROLL level on 1000000! lol

#13 ·
Rambler said:
Darkstar72 said:
Star: Don't make me no never-mind if you want to appear in public like that. :shock:

Like they say, there ain't no accountin' for taste. :lol:

BTW - if I made a video like Yakker's (that's assuming I could figure out how to make a video) I'd title it "How not to troll for Walleyes". I'd probably spend most of the time trying to untangle my line from stumps, branches, me, etc, etc.
nah man lol the way I did it in this video is by far the EASIEST....even you could do it lol Now when you talk about planer boards and spreads, it gets more technical and cumbersome but it's also very very effective.

#15 ·
SmalliesNEyes said:
ChiCityYaker said:
ohoffm said:

I just read my post again and my can was supposed to be a can't as far as keeping them. I know that some tournaments let you bring in foul hooked fish and I think the law varies from state to state.

#17 ·
Yep. I'll be on Heidecke tomorrow, where I already have it dialed in. Hopefully the fish cooperate. :thumbup:

And someone said it, but yeah, Flickers are amazing for 'eyes. It's what I'll be pulling tomorrow.

And if the fish was hooked in the mouth, and the hook came out and the other one was stuck in his head, it would still be a legal fish, IMO.

#18 ·
OK - so I gotta tell this story.

Back in the day the late, great icon (and to his lasting credit a life-long Cubs fan) of Chicago journalism, Mike Royko wrote a column about how he was treated when he wore his Cubs cap to Comiskey for a Sox game (hey we all make mistakes!). Sox fans greeted him by throwing all sorts of crap at him. In his column he wrote about how uncivilized they were.

A month or so later he did a column where he published letters he'd gotten over the past few weeks. One guy wrote to him telling him what a moron he was for being a Cubs fan and how he (the writer) had worn his Sox cap to Wrigley and was (fittingly) "hit in the head by a piece of quiche".

Royko replied saying, "I don't believe you - you couldn't possibly be a Sox fan - you know how to spell quiche!" :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.