Door County

The State of Wisconsin is a frequent destination for Chicago area residents seeking awesome angling opportunities. Post and share information and reports from Wisconsin waters.

Door County

Postby busse bass man » Apr Sun 02, 2017 12:48 pm

Went on a little getaway with the wife to Door County for 4 days. Just a little something to hold us off until our annual 2 wk summer trip. The intention wasn't to fish but of course I brought my gear. Didn't do much fishing and didn't catch anything. Fished Sturgeon Bay from shore. Shorelines there are clear with occasional sheets of ice floating by. Everywhere further into the peninsula on the bay side is frozen still but too thin to go out on I would think. The lake side was all open water.1 guy said they recently had some luck in Sturgeon Bay at night catching walleyes by the rocks. I got to see a flock of wild turkeys crossing the road near Rowleys Bay. It made the news that someone recently had a turkey go through their windshield, although I think that was in Indiana.
busse bass man
Fishing Czar

Re: Door County

Postby Rambler » Apr Sun 02, 2017 3:41 pm

Last time we were in Door Cty our son was 1 & teething. He's 34 now. The weather was terrible - raw is the best way to describe it. I stood on a dock in either Sister Bay or Egg Harbor throwing spoons trying for salmon. Lots of other folks were out there too. None of caught anything other than maybe a cold. And salmon were porpoising through the waves just out of casting distance.

Thought I'd lose my freakin' mind. But now I laugh about it. Thanks for the memories.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Other Wisconsin Waters