Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Been far too long

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Aux Pleins 
#1 ·
So apparently I haven't been here I'm a few years. :D

Looking to take the kid out tomorrow morning and this place came to mind. How is spring fishing going here?

#4 ·
Fished there this past Tuesday, 4/4/2017, and got the skunk from the bass. Maybe one bite? Snagged into a giant shad right under the dorsal fin while bouncing a minnow. Catfish seem to be running. Used some stanky chicken livers and were pulling them out like nothing. Mostly in the 12" range, but I pulled in a 20"+. Water was pretty cloudy on account of the wind/rain we've been getting and probably warming up, the fish didn't feel like icicles.

**Edit** Should probably include some photo evidence:

Giant snagged shad. The minnow is a 1.5"-2", I forget, for scope.

Most of the Cats we pulled in were about this size +/- an inch or two. I got 4 buddy got 7

Big boy I pulled in. They aren't fighting like its cold.

#8 ·
lol didn't expect the highlight of that story to be the shad! Probably had something to do with being hooked in the back, but he had some fight in him. That leads me to believe that story of them being targeted. Got one other picture of it in my hand here. I'm guessing this one snuck away from being eaten for so long to the point he's safe here (can't imagine there's anything in this lake big enough to eat it)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.