Chicago Fishing Forum banner

McCullom Lake 4-20-17 Vaca? Oh ok.

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  polishfly 
#1 ·
Got to work this morning, sat down at my desk, had my coffee and began working on various projects. Around 10am a co-worker asks me why i'm there. What? Turns out I had put in for today and tomorrow off and completely forgot. Ugh! So, wound up taking 1/2 vacation day instead and headed home at noon. Loaded up the gear and off to McCullom.

The god damned wind this spring continues, but I was getting out there regardless. Temps in the 60's and falling; mostly cloudy; strong W, NW winds 15-20mph; fished from 3:30pm - 7:30pm.

Got on a small bass pretty quickly then it went dead for a couple of hours. I figured it was stupid to even be out there. Then, a little after 5pm, the big ass bass suddelny came to life. Landed a 19", another 19" and a 20". Then the bass shut down and the northern turned on. Biggest 2 being about 25".

In total today I got 7 bass, 5 pike and a catfish.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
It's been a fun April out there for sure. How I forgot about my days off i'll never know. I'll go with... so much dedication to my work, that vacation days don't matter. Anyone buying it?? :)

The cat hit the same bait that's been getting all the fish - the #4 Mepps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.