Beck 9-6-2020

Beck Lake - Glenview, IL
Fishing Information & Reports

Beck 9-6-2020

Postby cyanatic » Sep Mon 07, 2020 12:07 am

I was thinking about making a dawn patrol this morning but stayed up too late last night. Spent the morning reorganizing my gear. It's senseless to lug around a 15 lb backpack when I only use a small amount of it during a 2 or 3 hour outing. Downsized to a smaller soft backpack with just the tackle I planned to use and headed to Beck. Got there about 11:30 but it was overcast and drizzling and I had the northeast shore to myself.

The craw pattern Pond Magic spinnerbait I normally use got a little messed up in my last outing when I pulled it through some weeds. The black band that holds the silicone skirt in place slipped out. I tied on a chartreuse version on my light rod, and put a Zman chatterbait with a craw trailer on my other rod. The chart spinnerbait got tagged at one point, but no hook ups. Worked my down the shore, alternating between presentations. I finally slipped the black band and skirt back on the craw pattern and started using that again. I was a ways down the shore, past the end of the island at the edge of some reeds when the old reliable craw pattern spinnerbait got hit and I brought in a 13" largemouth. It's been so successful for me this season that I bought two more when I was placing a Cabela's order the other night. For whatever reason, the bass at Beck seem to like it so I'm not going to mess with success.

ImageBooyah Pond Magic craw spinnerbait by Steve, on Flickr

ImageBeck bass 9-6-20 by Steve, on Flickr

ImageBeck bass 2 9-6-20 by Steve, on Flickr
Good fishing,

Steve

" Fishing is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it"
-Harry Middleton-
cyanatic
Game Fish

Re: Beck 9-6-2020

Postby Rambler » Sep Mon 07, 2020 7:02 am

Nice fish.

I've made several abortive attempts at going minimalist with my tackle over the past years. Failed miserably each time. :roll: Good luck!
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby minstrel » Sep Mon 07, 2020 9:06 am

Ahh the 'magic lure' 8) Always great to find something that is working for you. Nice work!
minstrel
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby joetrain » Sep Mon 07, 2020 9:08 am

Nice work Steve. Check your messages. I sent you one about fishing the DPR.
~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby cyanatic » Sep Mon 07, 2020 12:10 pm

joetrain wrote:Nice work Steve. Check your messages. I sent you one about fishing the DPR.
~JOE~

:thumbup: :thumbup: Got it! Thanks Joe!
Good fishing,

Steve

" Fishing is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it"
-Harry Middleton-
cyanatic
Game Fish

Return to Beck Lake