Doubled Up Beck 4-25

Beck Lake - Glenview, IL
Fishing Information & Reports

Doubled Up Beck 4-25

Postby minstrel » Apr Tue 25, 2017 11:37 pm

Got to Beck this afternoon and it was clouding up. It then rained for about 30 seconds and the skies cleared completely leaving a gorgeous day to be out. You would have thought it was summer. 8)

As I walked out there were multiple anglers where I usually pitch a rat-L-trap so I just kept going around to the other side and started working a wacky senko. Not a technique I had much faith in tis early but I figured what the hell. I worked some spots and then on the way back I was out maybe 15 ft when I saw a bass charge from the weeds and nail my senko. Pretty cool, turned out to be a nice mediumish bass (not pictured). First senko catch of spring. I hope that means good things.

After a bit more work I could see people had left so I headed back toward my car. I grabbed my other rod and started casting the 'trap. I had a good feeling about it but didn't hook up. I decided to move down a bit as the sun was setting. I literally said "Okay, this is the last cast for today." And started retrieving the 'trap. I got about half way in and wham big blow up, another nice bass. It was a pretty good day for "early" fishing. It felt even better since I'd just endured a multi-skunk week. Neither bass were monsters but hopefully this is the start of good trends.

beckbass425_2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
minstrel
Fishing Czar

Re: Doubled Up Beck 4-25

Postby Aux Pleins » Apr Wed 26, 2017 3:12 am

Nice results at Beck. Haven't gone once yet :oops:
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby bassman29 » Apr Wed 26, 2017 6:51 am

Gotta love the "last cast bass"
odds are your catch was someones release...pay it forward
for homemade plastics please see link for pricing. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65154&p=661586#p661586
bassman29
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby urbanHog312 » Apr Wed 26, 2017 11:01 am

nice bass and t shirt
gin, smoke, lies
urbanHog312
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Beck Lake