Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Beck PB 7-8-19

5K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Bassin' Ted 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Actually my third fish out there this late aft. caught a small bass and about a 17" bass before my personal best... catfish! :wtf:
Fought like hell, took some line a few times, knew it wasn't a bass and was too slow to be a pike. I got it up to shore and as I was reaching down with my pliers to remove the senko and hook from it's mouth it thrashed and broke the line, beaching itself... so I took the photo op and then prodded it back into the shallows where it swam quickly off. I'm actually a little amazed this was the first big cat I've hooked into all these years fishing senkos along the bottom. Just 'lucky' I guess.
20190708_bigcat.jpg

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Aux Pleins said:
Cat on artificial is really fun. They do fight well and tend to roll up your line.
How true is that! A few weeks ago I was in an online bass tournament and hooked a big one on a chatterbait. My initial thought was I was really going to move up the standings with this catch. When it got to the kayak it was a 25 inch cat! LOL Nice fish but did NOT improve my standings.

#11 ·
Just wanted to post an update from being out at Beck again Thursday... same spot, same bait, same cat?? I caught the same exact size cat once again Thurs. Years of fishing Beck w/no cat catches and now I snare two huge ones in the same week! Crazy... oh, also had six fish on for Thurs including one fiesty 17"er that gave me a mighty bass thumb. :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.