Hooked on a feelin 8.8.17

Lake Glenview - Glenview, IL
Fishing Information & Reports

Hooked on a feelin 8.8.17

Postby crankybass » Aug Tue 08, 2017 10:11 pm

I had a feeling that I should get out to The Glen, even for just an hour or two. I arrived at 6:15 p.m., and I started fishing the north pool at 6:25. At 6:30 it was fish on. I had to keep him from burying himself in the pads and the grass, so I kept my rod high, and I jammed on him. He put of a great fight, but I landed him, measured and weighed him, and took a photo with my disposable camera, then I got him back in the water--no one was around to take a good photo on their iPhone and e-mail it to me. Here are the stats:

17.5"

2.20 lbs

Largemouth Bass

He was in great shape. I was using my standard gear: Daiwa Fuego 100HS bait cast reel, Daiwa Cielo 7' 2" MHF rod, 15lb Seagur Invisx fluoro, 3/0 Gamakatsu EWG offset hook, 1/8 oz bullet weight (not pegged). The bait was a Zoom Baby Brush Hog in Green Pumpkin, Tex-sposed. Around 8 p.m. I landed a second, though much smaller, bass measuring 10", on the same set-up but with and Avocado Baby Brush Hog. I should add, I use a spray coffee scent on all my plastics, except for the Strike King Rage baits that are infused with the coffee scent. I started used this spray, bought at Bass Pro Shop, last year. I believe that it makes a difference.

That's all for this week. The rest of this week and next will be very busy for me, and I doubt that I'll get out until the weekend following this coming weekend.

crankybass
crankybass
Fishing Czar

Return to Lake Glenview