New to donut lake

Twin Lake Rec Area (Donut Lake) - Palatine, IL
Fishing Information & Reports

New to donut lake

Postby cubanice27 » Jul Fri 11, 2014 5:11 pm

Its been awhile since I got to hit the water (due to family issues, being sick, move, etc.) but last night I finally got a chance. I wanted to try something new and away from the usual busse, beck, etc. I wanted to be able to wear shorts and not worry so much about ticks and stuff. Hit up Donut lake for the first time.

Took my baitcaster (12lb fluro)and medium/heavy spinning rod (12lb mono) Started off with the frog because some nice weeds are slowly growing. Not a hit. Then threw a few spinners and a jig on the baitcaster. Nothing still. Finally decided to fish on the "dock" closest to the play ground. Went with a bubble gum senko and a cotton candy lizard with a 1/8 bullet weight. Got 1 dink right before the lake turns, another dink off the pier and then a decent 1.5lb again on the pier. Didnt see to many other fish being caught. Looking for my first pike/musky.

Great time, and I think worth the $5 day pass. Ill return next week and maybe even rent a boat!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cubanice27
Fishing Czar

Re: New to donut lake

Postby JustinCarf » Jul Fri 11, 2014 5:36 pm

Have you become allergic to bass?
JustinCarf
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby George W » Jul Fri 11, 2014 6:13 pm

Nice Bass Cuba! And solid post. A boat would definitely be fun there. Way to keep the variety while remaining on the Fish.
Instagram.com/GEOFISHING
-GEO

<((><
George W
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby rigmewacky » Jul Fri 11, 2014 7:38 pm

Good job out there cuba. That lake seems to be a hit or miss for me. I've done fairly well by the volleyball court in the past.
"Fish, for sport only, not for meat. Fish meat is practically a vegetable." -Ron Swanson
rigmewacky
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby piker84 » Jul Sat 12, 2014 11:52 am

Nice brotha, that lake can be a bit tough but there are some quality fish in there. If you're lookin for your first pike or muskie there are some MONSTER Tiger muskies in there. Not sure about the pike though. Good job out there. :wink: :wink:
piker84
Fishing Czar

Postby achotrod » Jul Sat 12, 2014 12:16 pm

Nice post Cub!

Ive seen muskies in there, and there are some huge bass. We used to fish there every other day growin up.
achotrod
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Twin Lake Recreation Area (Donut Lake)