Chicago Fishing Forum banner

New to donut lake

6K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  achotrod 
#1 ·
Its been awhile since I got to hit the water (due to family issues, being sick, move, etc.) but last night I finally got a chance. I wanted to try something new and away from the usual busse, beck, etc. I wanted to be able to wear shorts and not worry so much about ticks and stuff. Hit up Donut lake for the first time.

Took my baitcaster (12lb fluro)and medium/heavy spinning rod (12lb mono) Started off with the frog because some nice weeds are slowly growing. Not a hit. Then threw a few spinners and a jig on the baitcaster. Nothing still. Finally decided to fish on the "dock" closest to the play ground. Went with a bubble gum senko and a cotton candy lizard with a 1/8 bullet weight. Got 1 dink right before the lake turns, another dink off the pier and then a decent 1.5lb again on the pier. Didnt see to many other fish being caught. Looking for my first pike/musky.

Great time, and I think worth the $5 day pass. Ill return next week and maybe even rent a boat!!

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.