Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Last Night..

758 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RonG 
#1 ·
Got out last night for a couple of hours ended before dark.. Mosquitos seemed out early ...but I did walk thru the woods. Stuck with my slider head and jig and fish have moved around a bit since the rain. My first fish and the largest was a 4 or 5 pounder! It also was the slimiest ...SLIMIEST!! fish I have EVER caught in 60 years, YUK! :roll: I'm going with Buffalo, pulled like a champ first I thought quillback, but the slime and the dorsal was not there. Literally had to wash my waders, hands,and rod.. I was a little concerned washing my rod in public....WHAT?? Caught it on a 3 inch twister.. Preceded on and noticed the Herons downstream, and the smaller fish were on a bug feed..Lots of slurping going on. Beautiful Night , saw a couple of guys wading upstream, not crowded for a Saturday Evening.. Fish are right where you would think, water still low ,so current seams on edges , decent flow but not roaring water.. That's All I got.. Fox River Fishin Musician 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.