How's your GAS lately?

Discussion for all things tackle and gear. Spinnerbaits, crankbaits, rods, reels, line, hooks, etc.

Re: How's your GAS lately?

Postby Rambler » Feb Tue 25, 2020 1:23 pm

Just got a couple bags of 4" Green Haze Havoc Pit Chunks. Don't know why - seemed like a good idea at the time.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby cletedius » Feb Wed 26, 2020 11:59 pm

Couple creations from today:

Have 3 finesse swim jigs made by Dirty jigs that are missing 90% of their skirts. Ive used Dirty jigs for years & found them to be an excellent albeit pricey option. All summer long I had been meaning to try this with a beat-up 1 ,but finally just got around to it.
20200226_224207_copy_1040x780.jpg

Kinda interesting in the water. As 1 would guess, considerably slower fall, less "bouncy" skirt action, but has a tamer pulse instead, & the hair skirt definitely throws a darker, more solid profile than the rubber skirt. For some reason watching this thing test-swim just made me think of musky?

Still on a bit of a marabou kick
1/8oz on 1/0 PB&J
20200226_231821-1.jpg

20200226_232121-1.jpg

1/16 on 1/0 red on black
And made 1 for someone I know going striper fishing!
20200226_034117_copy_780x1040.jpg

1/2 oz on 3/0. White on U.V. pink/alewife.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby Aux Pleins » Mar Thu 05, 2020 5:09 pm

Went "Full Send" at the Ford dealer. Picked up a brand new STX F-150 with that legendary Coyote V-8.

Paid for a full removal and replacement of my driveway with a 9ft wide addition to it.

My mother called me yesterday and said her washing machine crapped out on her. I called ABT and ordered her one.

Expensive start to the year and the Spring Fling hasn't even started yet.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby cletedius » Mar Thu 05, 2020 6:13 pm

Aux Pleins wrote:Went "Full Send" at the Ford dealer. Picked up a brand new STX F-150 with that legendary Coyote V-8.

Paid for a full removal and replacement of my driveway with a 9ft wide addition to it.

My mother called me yesterday and said her washing machine crapped out on her. I called ABT and ordered her one.

Thats not gas, I think you full-on sharted.

Congrats on the new ride.
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby Aux Pleins » Mar Thu 05, 2020 7:02 pm

cletedius wrote:
Aux Pleins wrote:Went "Full Send" at the Ford dealer. Picked up a brand new STX F-150 with that legendary Coyote V-8.

Thats not gas, I think you full-on sharted.

Congrats on the new ride.

I came here to weap, I appreciate your condolences. Severe shart for sure.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Mar Thu 05, 2020 7:40 pm

Just grabbed a 7 foot St Croix light Panfish Series rod and a Quantum Throttle II spinning reel in size 10 for a new panfish setup. Also gassed up on some plastics and gamakatsu worm hooks and wacky O rings. Inconsequential when you look at Aux's shart up above...
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Mar Thu 05, 2020 7:58 pm

The world has shifted on it's axis - Aux bought a FORD!
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby vman01 » Mar Thu 05, 2020 8:23 pm

Only had the new truck smell once and now I just drive an old Dodge most of the time. Enjoy it

Maybe a place to park some other new toy???
vman01
Fishing Czar

Postby polishfly » Mar Thu 05, 2020 10:28 pm

Aux....come on dude you can’t tease like that....how bout a pic?! Engine too :lol: congrats on the whip!
polishfly
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Mar Thu 05, 2020 10:31 pm

At least post the window sticker. :wink:
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Aux Pleins » Mar Fri 06, 2020 8:13 am

Rambler wrote:The world has shifted on it's axis - Aux bought a FORD!

Gotta try em all to have some perspective. Besides the general manger being family and giving a great deal, I was swayed to Ford because of the cab size. The Supercrew f150 has the most room out of all the big truck makers. I really wish I could have pushed my Silverado to 250k miles, it would have made it. The Silverado had 180k and the engine was in great shape and felt like she did when she was new. No rattles, squeaks, or misses. Some wear on the body, rusty undercarriage components that I recently replaced, few electrical gadgets replaced. Other than that it was a great fishing truck. But being only an extended cab with a small bench seat and lacking rear leg room, the wife and kids started giving me grief and we were overdue for more of a family style fishing truck. :lol:

IMG_20200306_40903.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby polishfly » Mar Fri 06, 2020 8:32 am

My buddy shane just got the same size f150 (not the same super duper model) in fire engine red for the same reasons! Good looking beast, need to slap a bass around in the back for that custom fragrance.
polishfly
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Bassin' Ted » Mar Fri 06, 2020 9:00 am

Aux Pleins wrote:

Gotta try em all to have some perspective. Besides the general manger being family and giving a great deal, I was swayed to Ford because of the cab size. The Supercrew f150 has the most room out of all the big truck makers. I really wish I could have pushed my Silverado to 250k miles, it would have made it. The Silverado had 180k and the engine was in great shape and felt like she did when she was new. No rattles, squeaks, or misses. Some wear on the body, rusty undercarriage components that I recently replaced, few electrical gadgets replaced. Other than that it was a great fishing truck. But being only an extended cab with a small bench seat and lacking rear leg room, the wife and kids started giving me grief and we were overdue for more of a family style fishing truck. :lol:

IMG_20200306_40903.jpg

Very nice! And that extra width on the driveway is a great addition. I plan on replacing my driveway in the next couple years and adding a spot to park my boat next to the garage.
I love the smell of Powerbait in the morning!
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby polishfly » Mar Sat 07, 2020 4:02 pm

We are not alone. It's real, like coronavirus! Anyone need a GAS mask?

20200307_091050(1).jpg

20200307_091115(1).jpg

20200307_091155(1).jpg
polishfly
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: A missive from CLF for the ages

Postby RonG » Mar Sat 07, 2020 4:06 pm

I'd sue them. They stole that from here! :evil:
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Aux Pleins » Mar Sun 08, 2020 1:02 am

Seen Griefmop and Fishdank at the Muskys Inc swap meet in Rolling Ghettos today. Double D was also there as usual. Bought one of his pictures and made him sign the back. He has great hand writing for a 200yr old. His basement is literally a fishing museum, he offers tours. He does wood carved fish and wildlife mounts. The picture I bought was a picture of one of his works.

IMG_20200307_48954.jpg

IMG_20200307_34692.jpg
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Mar Mon 09, 2020 8:27 am

Anddddddddddd the GAS continues. Just ordered a new graph for the front of the boat.

Lowrance Hook2 Reveal 5 with SplitShot. GPS with 4000 inland lakes pre-loaded, downscan, their new Fish Reveal where you overlay downscan onto the CHIRP 2d sonar, and their Genesis Live Mapping software. Looking forward to the Genesis Live, as I'll create contour maps of my club pits in real-time while I fish them.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby polishfly » Mar Mon 09, 2020 8:51 am

Share some real world maps when you make them on your chart plotter! I tried plotting using my Lowrance Elite Chirp but it freezes up on me just a few feet into it. Also, is there a certain speed that I need to be traveling for things to look like things under me? For example, I can never see a tree with branches on my sonar...it just looks like blobs...but I am assuming this is because I am not moving the correct speed for the sonar to properly display the item below...so I just check depth and temp and ignore the rest....maybe this is its own topic?
polishfly
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Mar Mon 09, 2020 9:15 am

polishfly wrote:Share some real world maps when you make them on your chart plotter! I tried plotting using my Lowrance Elite Chirp but it freezes up on me just a few feet into it. Also, is there a certain speed that I need to be traveling for things to look like things under me? For example, I can never see a tree with branches on my sonar...it just looks like blobs...but I am assuming this is because I am not moving the correct speed for the sonar to properly display the item below...so I just check depth and temp and ignore the rest....maybe this is its own topic?

With downscan or with 2d? With standard 2d sonar, it will always look like big blobs. It's just learning how to differentiate between trees/brush, rock piles, cribs, etc. Also, the colors matter. You have to see what the colors mean for whatever color palette you're using. Much of the time, red is a harder bottom/stronger return, and the lighter blues/greens are softer returns. The downscan should have a better image of it. You should 100% be able to tell what it is in downscan. At least most of the time.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Mar Thu 12, 2020 7:00 am

Inspired by Badger, I just got 2 4 packs of Matzuo ned rig stuff. Might try it out later today.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby DasGoby » Mar Thu 12, 2020 9:58 am

Inspired by Badger, I just got 2 4 packs of Matzuo ned rig stuff. Might try it out later today.

Would love a report on how they work. I know the fishing might be tough but any detail on the weed guard, action, does the tail float, etc.
DasGoby
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Lip_Yanker » Mar Thu 12, 2020 10:39 am

Aux Pleins wrote:

IMG_20200306_40903.jpg

Nice! Two to many doors for a truck though. :wink:

I've had a difficult time finding a new 1/2 ton standard cab, V8, 4x4 the last few years.
Exclusive member of Muff Divers Local #69 "No muff to tough, we dive at five."
Lip_Yanker
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Mar Tue 17, 2020 8:37 am

DasGoby wrote:Would love a report on how they work. I know the fishing might be tough but any detail on the weed guard, action, does the tail float, etc.

Goby - been meaning to report but things have sort of gotten out of hand lately.

Went out to Busse last Thursday with the intention of fishing my favorite spot. Unfortunately the gate was closed so I went to Salt Creek below the dam. Started with a Keitech & worked my way upstream. No hits. Fished the pool below the dam for a while with the same results so I tied on a new ned rig & fished my way back down to Arlington pool. Still nothing even though I really tried to fish it slow.

Can't really comment on the ned rig since this was my 1st time trying one (except for the time with Badger). Don't know if the plastic floated - couldn't see it.

Stopped on the way home at Wooddale Grove & threw the ned rig some more. Same results. Still couldn't see it. Can say that the weed guard seemed to do the job. Wooddale Grove is already really weedy.

Talked to a couple of other old farts there & they weren't catching anything either - both were using worms.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Grain » Mar Tue 17, 2020 9:54 am

Rambler wrote:Can't really comment on the ned rig since this was my 1st time trying one (except for the time with Badger). Don't know if the plastic floated - couldn't see it.

If you decide to come out to fish Potawotami, or goons, or thereabouts on a weekday this spring - PM me. If I've got time I'll stop by and give you a couple of Z-man trailers.
Grain
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Rambler » Mar Tue 17, 2020 10:18 am

Grain wrote:If you decide to come out to fish Potawotami, or goons, or thereabouts on a weekday this spring - PM me. If I've got time I'll stop by and give you a couple of Z-man trailers.

YOU DA MAN!!
It's only a matter of time before I hit the 'goons. A bit more time before I hit Potawotami. Thanks!
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Mar Tue 17, 2020 11:18 am

Grabbed a few Jackall jerkbaits and a couple of Sling Blade swim jigs the other day. And a new spool of Suffix 832 braid in ghost(white) 10lb to spool up a new rod and reel combo for chatters/spinnerbaits. The rod and reel are a 13 Fishing Fate Black Gen 2, 7'1, MH, Fast, paired up with a new Abu Garcia Revo X-hs. The HS version is a 7.3:1 ratio instead of the standard 6.6:1

Working from home and being on my computer all day are a huge negative for me right now. Lol. All I do is browse fishing gear, and keep buying shit.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby polishfly » Mar Tue 17, 2020 12:13 pm

Bought a replacement handle for my Quantum spinning reel since I lost it on one of the hikes this winter...it unscrewed itself as it bounced around on the outside of my pack.
polishfly
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Mar Tue 17, 2020 4:20 pm

Rambler wrote:
Went out to Busse last Thursday... so I went to Salt Creek below the dam. Started with a Keitech & worked my way upstream. No hits. Fished the pool below the dam for a while with the same results... fished my way back down to Arlington pool. Still nothing even though I really tried to fish it slow.

Stopped on the way home at Wooddale Grove & threw the ned rig some more. Same results.

Talked to a couple of other old farts there & they weren't catching anything either - both were using worms.

The hysterical bucketing and hording of fish has begun. :thumbdown: As chaos escalates, writing citations for fishing violations will be the least of the authority's concerns. Hopefully, the gutting of our local spots will be recoverable.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Rambler » Mar Tue 17, 2020 5:48 pm

RonG wrote:The hysterical bucketing and hording of fish has begun. :thumbdown: As chaos escalates, writing citations for fishing violations will be the least of the authority's concerns. Hopefully, the gutting of our local spots will be recoverable.

Wow - now there's a conspiracy theory! Of course it could be that a) they just weren't biting, b) I'm a shitty fisherman or c) both the former and the latter. :D
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Mar Tue 17, 2020 7:51 pm

Rambler wrote:
RonG wrote:The hysterical bucketing and hording of fish has begun. :thumbdown: As chaos escalates, writing citations for fishing violations will be the least of the authority's concerns. Hopefully, the gutting of our local spots will be recoverable.

Wow - now there's a conspiracy theory! Of course it could be that a) they just weren't biting, b) I'm a shitty fisherman or c) both the former and the latter. :D

Nah, the fish are gone. I just got back from an hour and a half on the Fox. Not a bite. Not even a porpoising carp within sight. No muskrats. No beavers. Someone ate them all. All that was left were lots of bugs and noisy ducks flying around and a woodpecker on each side of the river.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen a coon there yet this year and the chipmunk that lives (lived) under my back stoop is AWOL.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Grain » Mar Tue 17, 2020 8:33 pm

RonG wrote:Nah, the fish are gone. No muskrats. No beavers. Someone ate them all.

You were lucky to get away with your life.
Grain
Fishing Fanatic

Postby polishfly » Mar Sat 21, 2020 11:24 am

Stopped by Cabela's to load up on a pair of "bassential" swimbaits to hold me over during lockdown. Looking forward to fishwalking the pond.

20200321_111509_HDR(1).jpg
polishfly
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby polishfly » Apr Mon 06, 2020 3:14 pm

Stocked up on some light line for them baitcasters! Can't ever have enough...

20200406_144247(1).jpg
polishfly
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Apr Mon 06, 2020 3:54 pm

Just got a new Whopper Plopper 75. Also a new Casio watch. I consider the watch fishing gear since it's waterproof & cost only $20.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Jaxon » Apr Tue 14, 2020 12:11 pm

RonG wrote:I'd sue them. They stole that from here!

Yes, yes I did.

Recent aquisitions for me include some Yo-zuri Mini Vibes, a Shimano SLX (with a rod, don't know which one though since it hasn't arrived yet), an Abu Garcia Veritas baitcasting rod, some prototype baits from a major manufacturer, Helix 7, bunch of ice jigs that will be on the market next winter, and some new plastics that, a bunch of Jackall blade baits, and other odds and ends.
Jaxon
Pan Fish

Postby mike son » Apr Wed 15, 2020 9:34 am

Jaxon wrote:
RonG wrote:I'd sue them. They stole that from here!

Yes, yes I did.

Recent aquisitions for me include some Yo-zuri Mini Vibes, a Shimano SLX (with a rod, don't know which one though since it hasn't arrived yet), an Abu Garcia Veritas baitcasting rod, some prototype baits from a major manufacturer, Helix 7, bunch of ice jigs that will be on the market next winter, and some new plastics that, a bunch of Jackall blade baits, and other odds and ends.

You work with Midwest Outdoors?
mike son
Fishing Czar

Postby Bassin' Ted » Apr Wed 15, 2020 9:40 am

Took some Gas-X last week. Dobyns had a 40% off special. I didn't get anything. Thought long and hard but I just don't need any more rods.
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Jaxon » Apr Wed 15, 2020 9:48 am

mike son wrote:You work with Midwest Outdoors?

Yes I do, unless you have a complaint. If that's the case, I work for In-Fisherman.
Jaxon
Pan Fish

Postby cletedius » Apr Wed 15, 2020 10:31 am

HEDDONFROG wrote:
cletedius wrote:
HEDDONFROG wrote:does yours have a way to widen and or narrow the beam? Can’t tell from the pic.

No, it doesnt. If I read correctly, of the 2 bulbs, 1 is a flood beam & the other a spot beam. When "on" both bulbs light to give both beams @ the same time,........or something like that, but neither are adjustable.
All I can say is the thing is brighter than hell!

Ok thank you. Still sounds like a nice unit

It seems as though they heard you!

https://www.amazon.com/SLONIK-Adjustabl ... B07KNK1424

FWIW, after a few months of moderate, daily use Ive been very pleased thus far with the 1 (non-adjustable beam) that I bought, easily the best headlamp Ive owned, and Ive had lots of them!
Im probably going to pick up 1 or 2 of these adjustable-beam versions for my collection.
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Wed 15, 2020 11:55 am

Dropped another couple hundred last night on some new swim jigs, and some more Jackhammers. :shock:

A frogging rod/reel may be next on the list.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » Apr Wed 15, 2020 6:02 pm

Last week I ordered a new pair of Korkers and a new pair of wading pants (Dryft). The couple sets of waders I have so much DNA embedded in the materials they smell worse than a porta potty at the taste of Chicago in 95 degree weather. It's hard to stop casting to take a leak when the bite is good so I usually just piss myself.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Bassin' Ted » Apr Fri 17, 2020 8:44 am

The anti-reverse went out in one of my oldest spinning reels. Rather than visit the post office to ship it for a repair, I did the socially responsible thing and ordered a replacement thus eliminating a stop at the post office.

Ordered a Daiwa Tatula 3000 from American Legacy Fishing and Outdoors. If you use the code DAIWA you get 20% off. I'll sell the Tatula promotion shirt for $25-$30 so the reel will end up costing $130 or so.
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby cletedius » Apr Fri 17, 2020 9:46 am

Bassin' Ted wrote: Ordered a Daiwa Tatula 3000

:thumbup:
Id like to get 1 or 6 of those tatula spinners, Im a fan. Hoping that when they do the next refresh, the outgoing (current) ones will go on a "fuego-esque" 99$ clearance, & I can update my spinning reel arsenal. The anti reverse on every 1 of my 2nd gen fuegos is toast, even the 2 that daiwa repaired have failed again.
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby Bassin' Ted » Apr Fri 17, 2020 5:54 pm

cletedius wrote:
Bassin' Ted wrote: Ordered a Daiwa Tatula 3000

:thumbup:
Id like to get 1 or 6 of those tatula spinners, Im a fan. Hoping that when they do the next refresh, the outgoing (current) ones will go on a "fuego-esque" 99$ clearance, & I can update my spinning reel arsenal. The anti reverse on every 1 of my 2nd gen fuegos is toast, even the 2 that daiwa repaired have failed again.

How common is this? This is my first reel repair I'll ever need.
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby cletedius » Apr Fri 17, 2020 8:47 pm

Bassin' Ted wrote:How common is this? This is my first reel repair I'll ever need.

I dont think its common, none of my fishing buddys using the same seem to have the issues(mostly, the A.R.) I do, but to answer your ?,
I really dont know.
Ive had issues, but I also think my gear gets used more than theirs & maintained less. I think I just finally wore them out.
What I CAN tell you is all the A.R. issues have been only on 2G fuegos(top reel in photo). My observation: nicest-fishing spinning reels Ive owned & my favorite to fish with, but also the most delicate.
Probably more luck of the draw + abuse-factor, more than anything.

Without having cracked open a tatula to know whats inside, It feels a bit more "solid" than 2g fuegos, whatever that means?
I think you are something of a daiwa-loyalist, as am I, if I recall.(seems a big "if", these days :lol: ).
20200417_194542_copy_780x1040.jpg

My five 2gs ALL have blown or unreliable A.R. started after 3 or 4yrs from new. After 10yrs I can swap parts back/forth to keep any 3 of the 5 in "complete" working order at any 1 time (minus a reliable A.R.) :lol:
The 1gs havent had a single failure of any sort after about 15ish yrs, & 3 of them have been used pretty hard (kings, browns, any M thru H
Bass fishing that uses spinning gear)

A real shame because the 2g is a much nicer, lighter reel to fish with.
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby Bassin' Ted » Apr Sat 18, 2020 9:10 am

Good stuff Cletedius. I am definitely a Daiwa guy. Transitioned over from Shimano nearly 20 years ago and have not looked back. My reel with the AR issue is a Daiwa Advantage that is 12 years that I used heavily for years. I have definitely gotten my money's worth from the reel. Caught so many big smallies with it. I'll retire it one day and it will go on the shelf with a Calcutta 50 and a Daiwa TDS 153.
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Wed 29, 2020 12:14 pm

GAS continues to be a problem. Ordered a Dobyns 735C for frogging(and pitchin/flippin), and a Daiwa Tatula CT to pair with it, and some 65lb Power Pro. Also got an arsenal of Booyah Pad Crashers because they're on sale at BPS for $4.68 apiece. Set for frogging this this year. Also had a shipment of 6th Sense Divine swim jigs show up. :shock: :lol:
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » May Sat 02, 2020 11:36 am

Just got what's probably a lifetime supply of 1/4 & 1/8 oz jigheads.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby big jay » May Sat 02, 2020 9:03 pm

Picked up a new Lews tournament pro lfs it turned out to be a perfect match to my og tatula rod and it cast’s awesome.
big jay
Game Fish

Postby cletedius » May Fri 08, 2020 6:21 pm

Hoping to head north of here sometime soon & wanted to stock up on some baits of local flavor before the trip. Had some decent luck throwing D.O.A.'s airhead swimbait up nort last summer & was hoping to find a source other than BPS or dicks. Im over BPS unless necessary, & dicks has a slim color selection & currently is closed to walk-in sales. After a google search I found a place about 20miles north of me with great pricing (5.50$ vs 7$ @ BPS/dicks)& a good color selection. Hopped on 95 & drove 20minutes & discovered a new-to-me great tackle store/boat dealership. Bought 10 packs in case I get "stuck" up north again this year (please-please-please :lol: ).
20200508_163350_copy_1560x2080.jpg

Now, for the best part of this story.
While cruising up & down the aisles with my excitement @ finding a new tackle source contained behind my well-used N95 mask (locally mandatory), I kept noticing pics on the wall with a face that I couldnt quite place but still had something familiar-looking :think: . Didnt give it much thought, just gathered my intended targets & headed for the register. On the wall behind the register, I took notice of a pic of a full rack of mahi from a local charity tourney. That face, again! Read the plaque, what I saw was the name of a dude I worked with at a tackle store over 30yrs ago in Morton grove. Holy shit! It in fact was the same guy! I asked the cashier if he knew the guy in the pic. "Know him?, I sure do, he owns the place" he says! Seems my old co-worker & a partner bought the place some years ago & have seemingly turned it into an excellent tackle shop with a thriving boat dealership/service center. I asked if he was in & was told he was @ home taking care of domestic duties. Cant wait to catch him in the shop!

Talk about a small world!
cletedius
Fishing Czar

PreviousNext

Return to Tackle & Gear