Used Kayak

Discussion for all things tackle and gear. Spinnerbaits, crankbaits, rods, reels, line, hooks, etc.

Used Kayak

Postby FishStix » Jul Sat 18, 2020 11:34 pm

Looking for suggestions on where to pick up a used fishing kayak.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!
FishStix

Re: Used Kayak

Postby RonG » Jul Sun 19, 2020 12:14 am

Craigslist.

Do not respond to the guy giving away kayaks for free (usually in Elk Grove Village), looking for you to text him. Total scammer who is looking to steal your identity.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Ksum » Jul Sun 19, 2020 6:24 am

Ron G. Thus the saying '" Nothing is ever free" :shock:
Ksum
Minnow

Postby Grain » Jul Sun 19, 2020 6:51 am

I picked up a second kayak earlier this month. Messaged the seller within 15 minutes after it was posted and drove 80 miles out to Wisconsin to pick it up. The gentleman I bought it from said he'd been pelted with messages non-stop. I've seen plenty brand name boats posted in $500-800 go virtually on the spot.

What I mean to say is - it can be a tough proposition if you are looking to do it on a budget. Stores are stripped clean, Sundolphin factory has been shut down since last fall, rental places are out of business, and people are snapping up everything that floats. You either need to get lucky, or sit in front of the screen, refreshing constantly.
Grain
Fishing Fanatic

Postby FishStix » Jul Sun 19, 2020 7:36 am

Thanks, All!

Yeah...I saw that free kayak scam.

I’ll keep on lookin.

Much appreciated.
FishStix

Postby big jay » Jul Sun 19, 2020 8:33 pm

There are a few on Kenosh Craigslist.
big jay
Game Fish

Postby FishStix » Jul Wed 22, 2020 2:12 pm

Well...after days of refreshing on Craigslist and OfferUp, I found an out-of-the-box Sundolphin Journey for a helluva great price! Looking forward to getting it in the water. I appreciate the responses!
FishStix

Postby Phil6 » Jul Wed 22, 2020 3:53 pm

The kayak guy also posts free jon boats and small watercraft. Annoying as hell. Definitely something you need to stay on top of and refresh every 30 minutes or so. It helps if you work on a computer all day. Craigslist, offerup and FB marketplace.
I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news. - JM
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Phil6 » Jul Wed 22, 2020 3:53 pm

FishStix wrote:Well...after days of refreshing on Craigslist and OfferUp, I found an out-of-the-box Sundolphin Journey for a helluva great price! Looking forward to getting it in the water. I appreciate the responses!

OOps, just saw this now. Congrats!
I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news. - JM
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Tackle & Gear