June Pond pounding

Talk about fishing and share information on Chicago area waters not listed on our forums.

June Pond pounding

Postby Brandon » Jul Fri 03, 2020 4:24 pm

Been pond hopping a lot this last month. Local lakes near me aren’t producing, some never do, others that used to be great have been mismanaged and are shells of their former selves. Been able to get out and do some fun bassin’ and gill’n with my daughter. Bigger bass were in the 2-3 lb range. Stray cat might’ve been 6-8 lbs, I won’t weigh a cat unless it’s the biggest one I’ve ever caught.

Imagebbcode image upload

Bass caught on Fat IKA’s, 6” senkos both in green pumpkin. Also a couple on the Lunkerhunt top water bluegill. Ugly ass bait but it worked!!!

Stray Cats caught on lures. Fat Ika and jig n gulp minnow.

Been a good month of fishing but hoping to get off the ponds now and hit the rivers, the DPR and maybe the Fox. The Chicago River has always been trash for me this time of summer unless your Carpin’ or chasing cats.
"I am a law only for my kind, I am no law for all." -Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Brandon
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: June Pond pounding

Postby Busse Jim » Jul Sat 04, 2020 12:19 am

June pond pounding's been very good to you! :clap:
Huge cat! It's catfish time on our lakes, and Bullheads. Saw a monster Yellow bullhead bust the surface Thur. Was staring at the spot when it happened. Catfish body , dark sides yellow belly, Had to be 2-3+lbs.
Busse Jim
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Other Waters