A Rambler & a Badger go trout fishing...

Talk about fishing and share information on Chicago area waters not listed on our forums.

A Rambler & a Badger go trout fishing...

Postby Rambler » Apr Wed 07, 2021 12:07 pm

I know, I know - not a very good lead-in to a joke but what the hell.

We met yesterday afternoon at Blackwell to give it a go for some trout. Badger had an outstanding outing there last Saturday. But things change - especially with put & take fishing.

We fished until just before sunset. Some other guys around us caught a few trout - some pretty nice ones - but most of them were using live bait. Badger & I stuck with spinners & spoons. I even tried a small Rapala jointed crankbait for a while. Badger caught 3 bass and I avoided a skunk by landing a dink crappie followed up by a dink bass - both on a Panther-Martin.

No trout but a hell of a great time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Rex Rgis Piscator

Re: A Rambler & a Badger go trout fishing...

Postby badger75 » Apr Thu 08, 2021 8:52 pm

I did well on the opener on 4-3-21. Arrived in the dark to get in line hoping to get a spot on the far fishing pier - success for that. Spent my time casting, started with a grey/white rooster tail. Had 2 before sunrise. Thinking this may be a good day. Had my five (limit) by 8am. Fish do not show proper length - curled from being in my 5 gal bucket.

Blackwell FP Limit 4-3-21.jpg

Switched to a silver/blue Little Cleo - got a few more with that. Helped a nice couple I met - fill their limit. Switched back to the rooster tail, got a few more to give away. Had 18 trout for the day. Here is the biggest at 18". Colors were very nice. My foot for size comparison.

Blackwell FP 18in bow 4-3-21.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
badger75
Fishing Czar

Return to Other Waters