Wooster Lake

Talk about fishing and share information on Chicago area waters not listed on our forums.

Wooster Lake

Postby wallhead » Jul Sat 21, 2012 1:00 pm

The recent hot weather brought back memories of fishing wooster lake .No matter how hot it got the fishing was always great.Wooster is a natural spring fed lake south of the chain of lakes.I fished there most of my life until it became private.I no longer have access to the lake.But maybe some of you lake county guys know someone on the lake.It would be worth your while to fish there.Some of the largest fish I,ve ever landed came from there.Just wondering if any other members ever fished wooster.
wallhead
Fishing Czar

Re: Wooster Lake

Postby coyote » Jul Sat 21, 2012 6:26 pm

Always wanted to the only time i had access was when my dads company picnic was held there in early 70s. Good luck getting on there now.
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby piker84 » Jul Sun 22, 2012 1:30 am

Thats lame, private lakes are a bummer.
piker84
Fishing Czar

Postby wallhead » Jul Sun 22, 2012 7:23 am

At one time wooster had a campground where you could rent boats,holiday park boat rentals and a ma and pop rental .Little by little the condo builders bought them out.The last one to go was a place called fabers landing .He gave up due to high liability insurance costs. A factor which caused closings of boat rentals on many lakes.
wallhead
Fishing Czar

Postby SJS » Jul Sun 22, 2012 11:10 am

Sure looks like a great lake. Look at all those pads
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BassCaster wrote:
you may even run into a sign that states that there is "No Fishing" which mean there only 1 thing. THE BASS ARE HUGE!!!!!!!!!!

http://basstobluegillflyfishing.yolasite.com/
SJS
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Camin2 » May Sat 23, 2020 5:08 am

I lived on wooster lake 20yrs ago and still have access there. Great spot to fish no pressure. Catch bass and pike all day long. Great little lake.
Camin2

Postby coyote » May Sat 23, 2020 10:11 am

Very jealous Camin
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby threeats407 » May Sun 24, 2020 9:54 pm

wallhead wrote:At one time wooster had a campground where you could rent boats,holiday park boat rentals and a ma and pop rental .Little by little the condo builders bought them out.The last one to go was a place called fabers landing .He gave up due to high liability insurance costs. A factor which caused closings of boat rentals on many lakes.

Yes Holiday Park I think it was? Went often back in the late 60's with the high school folks. I keep thinking it's the same lake that and a restaurant that often had all you can eat smoked chubs as part of the salad bar. Maybe not. Maybe a dream.
Making a point to not let fish interrupt my fishing.
threeats407
Fishing Fanatic

Postby joetrain » May Mon 25, 2020 4:25 am

I seem to remember that either that park or a campground used to advertise on The Midwest Outdoors television show.
~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Other Waters