Chicago Fishing Forum banner

New Naperville park pond fishing

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  HEDDONFROG 
#1 ·
Second time out fishing this Naperville PD pond. I knew I would ultimately have to get in the water to fish it effectively because the shoreline grasses & shrubbery hang 2 to 3 feet over the waters edge. It's a total jungle surrounding the whole pond. The bottom was much harder than I anticipated and was pretty easy to wade the whole perimeter. Kept things easy and just threw either a gill swim jig or black/blue one with a olive shad swim bait trailer. Shout out to Badger for posting a special sale on Kalin's Sizmic Shads in late winter. They've worked great as swim jig trailers and I've run through all 3 bags I bought. Ended the day with a bakers dozen with these 3 the best. Biggest went 3.12

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
jonny2can said:
Looking at the west side of the lake on Google maps it looks like it's all open with rock. Am I looking at right lake? Lake Osborne? By PD do you mean police department or park district.. I thought at first you meant police but can't be same pond.
Park district but I have caught them early in the season at the lake by the police department

#8 ·
Nice work out there, Dave! I've thought about waders for the same reason, but I haven't taken the plunge on the cost. Those PD ponds are really sleepers--I've looked at a few near me, but I haven't made the trip yet.

Also, don't forget to take the head gear, glasses and face cover off before you go into the bank :lol:

#9 ·
crankybass said:
Nice work out there, Dave! I've thought about waders for the same reason, but I haven't taken the plunge on the cost. Those PD ponds are really sleepers--I've looked at a few near me, but I haven't made the trip yet.
Robert, I wet wade in the summer in quick dry shorts. No need to spend money on summer waders

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.