Lake X groups, pond hopping and Urban Gold

Talk about fishing and share information on Chicago area waters not listed on our forums.

Lake X groups, pond hopping and Urban Gold

Postby HEDDONFROG » Oct Wed 09, 2019 11:32 pm

So with my cousin’s wife recent death, I laid off groups trips for most of September. I was out solo the night I caught that 40” pike and I think Mike and I got out once. That outing produced another big upper 30’s pike too but no big bass. That was it for September’s groups. Last Friday I got out with a buddy and my cousin for a night outing and the highlight was Charlie’s 4+ Walleye.

Since I limited my fishing out there I spent more time around home and found some nice ones pond hopping. The highlight was a spot gifted to me from Urb on a new lake very close to home and it was golden the first time there. Post heavy rains, I caught 6 from 3.02 to 3.15 and one 4.02 in addition to another 15ish under 3 and a lot were just under. These were all caught off one spot and it’s about the only spot you can access. Super heavy foliage. Thank you Urb :) and some other nice fish from some of my normal haunts

All my fish have been caught recently on Jack Hammers, Swim Jigs but mostly regular bottom contact bass jigs and the Tungsten football head bladed jigs I’ve been making.

Aux, I know how you appreciate us always releasing the big walleyes we catch but Jen loves when I make her the occasional Walleye dinner :) cats love the novelty too lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Lake X groups, pond hopping and Urban Gold

Postby jmdog2003 » Oct Thu 10, 2019 12:19 am

Night and day beasts? Do you ever sleep or just set hooks 24/7?
jmdog2003
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby HEDDONFROG » Oct Thu 10, 2019 12:26 am

jmdog2003 wrote:Night and day beasts? Do you ever sleep or just set hooks 24/7?

Haha, I don’t sleep much lol average about 4 to 5hrs sleep a night and a 1/2hr to 45 minute nap most days
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby urbanHog312 » Oct Thu 10, 2019 9:10 am

happy to feed your insomnia :D
gin, smoke, lies
urbanHog312
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Other Waters