Late October & Early November & Mike’s PB Walter

Talk about fishing and share information on Chicago area waters not listed on our forums.

Late October & Early November & Mike’s PB Walter

Postby HEDDONFROG » Nov Mon 04, 2019 2:06 am

After Mike’s onslaught of Walleye catches a couple weeks ago, He’s decided to go pro and join the PWT :D I do believe I’m missing one pic of a 4th Walleye he caught. I had this idea running through my head all that day to have 3 of us simultaneously throw a-rigs to a particular well lit target, with the hopes of doubling or tripling up. Didn’t happen but Mike did catch his new PB 26” 6lb 3oz Walleye. The other 3 were all 3 to 4lbs. That night, he was, the Walleye master

Next set is a 3X3 from a park district pond last Monday. Biggest went 3.15 all caught on a white/chartreuse swim jig grinding on bottom.

The rest are from a group outing yesterday (Sunday the 3rd) cold water jerkbait and a-rig bite was in full gear. Water temp 43.5. We caught numbers and size. Lots of fat, aggressive fish. Caught two smaller Tigers and I had a 2 smallie day for the first time there in probably 15yrs...big ones. I’d say about 60% of the fish were caught on MegaBass Vision 110’s, 30% on a-rigs. The first smallie I caught on a Lucky Craft Staycee 90 jerkbait. The remaining fish & pike caught on a S-waver 168.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Late October & Early November & Mike’s PB Walter

Postby Aux Pleins » Nov Mon 04, 2019 7:50 am

Walter's, smallies, and tigers oh my. Cold water largies are plenty of fun too. The size of those walleyes are tremendous. Especially that 6lber :shock:
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby urbanHog312 » Nov Mon 04, 2019 9:13 am

variety so good it hurts! helluva fish mike. awesome to see those smallies come out to play.
gin, smoke, lies
urbanHog312
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby badger75 » Nov Mon 04, 2019 9:19 pm

Aux Pleins wrote:Walter's, smallies, and tigers oh my. Especially that 6lber :shock:

x2

They are off to visit the wizard!
badger75
Fishing Czar

Postby Dr. Utssab » Nov Tue 05, 2019 12:28 am

Great size, good numbers and multiple species! Can’t beat it!!!
Dr. Utssab
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Busse Jim » Nov Tue 05, 2019 10:52 pm

Aux Pleins wrote:Walter's, smallies, and tigers oh my.

X3, Love it! More walleye picts! :D

Walleye, on the Alabama ?! :shock: 8) Hard or soft bait? Makes perfect sense !
So want to try that trolling my channels and ledges.

Great mid-fall recap!!
Love the Tigers! Whats the chance of some natural tigers on Busse?
Busse Jim
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby cletedius » Nov Thu 07, 2019 10:56 am

As usual, nice work dave. :thumbup:
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby mike son » Nov Tue 12, 2019 8:42 pm

Busse Jim - they were soft baits, yum money minnow or something similar. Just remember for most bodies of water in illinois the limit is two hooks max on an alabama rig. Kind of odd considering some "lures" have three hooks and you look at an alabama rig as a "lure".

Dave didnt even mention it was like 38 degrees and 20mph sustained winds that night. I woke up still thawing out.
mike son
Fishing Czar

Postby Woohoodude11 » Nov Wed 13, 2019 8:01 am

mike son wrote:Just remember for most bodies of water in illinois the limit is two hooks max on an alabama rig.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, it's one hook per line, 2 lines per fisherman.
mike son wrote:Kind of odd considering some "lures" have three hooks and you look at an alabama rig as a "lure".

And of those 3 hooks, they have three hooks...which technically means 9 hooks on one lure :shock:
mike son wrote:Dave didnt even mention it was like 38 degrees and 20mph sustained winds that night. I woke up still thawing out.

I know that feeling! That night Dave and I went out with Dale Bowman the temps tanked a bit and wind cranked up (Nowhere NEAR what you're reporting) and I spent the night thawing out dreading the possibility that I might have to drive to Nashville after already pulling an all-nighter. Good times :lol:
Lets Go Sharks!

FB|IG|Twitter|Snap @woohoodude11
Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Phil6 » Nov Wed 13, 2019 9:27 am

Woohoodude11 wrote:Actually, if I'm not mistaken, it's one hook per line, 2 lines per fisherman.

idk if its true for softwater, but hard water is 3 rods/tipups w/ 2 hooks per line max
I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news. - JM
Phil6
Fishing Czar

Return to Other Waters