Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Hogasaurus on a fluke!

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Lip_Yanker 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Nailed a Nice 18.5 inch on a chartreuse zoom fluke.
20201003_163727.jpg
20201003_163742.jpg

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Brett said:
I saw a young guy pick a few off the shoreline at Busse last week with a spin cast rig, I think your building up some clout with these lunker posts.
There was a time that all I used .I use all 3 types of reels for different situations. Everyone should have one quality spincast reel in their arsenal.

#7 ·
Spincast guy said:
Brett said:
I saw a young guy pick a few off the shoreline at Busse last week with a spin cast rig, I think your building up some clout with these lunker posts.
There was a time that all I used .I use all 3 types of reels for different situations. Everyone should have one quality spincast reel in their arsenal.
When do you go for the spincast?

#8 ·
Brett said:
Brett said:
Spincast guy said:
Brett said:
When do you go for the spincast?
On windy days for one ...when I want to throw various different lures of different weights without changing rods. Spincast are less fussy when throwing lighter lures. If I'm hiking thru heavy brush and forest to get to spots and trying to cast with trees over your head. You dont have to worry about dropping it in the mud or banging on branches because of the closed face.This is spincast territory. Sometimes I just want the ease of use. Don't get me wrong I like baitcasters and spinning.But spincast has a place as well. Plus if someone wants to go fishing with me who doesn't know how to use the others I give them a spincast set up. I have like 5 set ups for extra rods in spincast.I have 3 baitcasters and 2 spinning. If your kayak fishing on a narrow river or creek and want to cast under trees and branches with a shorter rod spincast is perfect.I personally don't know why you would use anything else in that situation personally . I made the transition to baitcaster fairly easy because all my years using spincast as I was use to the reel being on top. I like all three types of reels . I think having one good spincast as a back up is something everyone should have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.