Chicago Fishing Forum banner

PB largemouth on the fly

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  badger75 
#1 ·
It was pretty nice out so I figured I'd get out this evening to continue practicing with the fly rod on the local pond. Worked on a double haul and spey style directional change roll cast. It's called a "Snap T" or something. It gets dark quick so I moved to the side of the pond where the sun was off the water and threw a size 12 chubby chernobyl. Not a bass lure by any means but I'd been catching bass and gills on size 12 and 16 hippie stompers in the past so why not. Long casts along some matted weeds. Short strips to make it wake or pop and pause. Saw the fish slowly swim up and slurp it down. Didn't fight too hard so was thinking they were somewhat sluggish with the cooler water temps. Got another smaller bass around 2lbs on the very next cast that also slurped it down but fought much harder and I thought it was actually bigger. Draw your own conclusions as to what the bass are doing. I have no idea lol, haven't fish largies much as of recent.

3.26lbs

2lbs or so

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.