Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Return to old stomping grounds!

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Spincast guy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Got in some afternoon fishing in at my old stomping grounds ,hidden lake in downers grove. Bite was slow and lake has begun it's turn over but I managed one 16inch largemouth bass on a z-man chatter bait with a strike king rage menace trailer both in bluegill color.First time using a chatterbait.
20201120_135343.jpg
20201120_135359.jpg

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice fish! Don't give up on chatterbaits everyone, when fishing in cloudy FP waters a blue/black chatter bait with a white trailer will smash 'em all day long. That being said, spinnerbait with the same colors will do the same.

#7 ·
jmdog2003 said:
I used to fish and jog there quite a bit a little over ten years ago. If I still lived closer, I'd still utilize it. It's a better than average forest preserve for fishing, but by the looks of it you already knew that.
I use to live 10 min from there , use to fish it hard 4yrs ago...my personal best bass came out of there about 4yrs back at 21 inch .I live in homer Glen now and drove over there now 30 min away and broke my fall slump.

#8 ·
FishinMatt said:
Nice one. Chatterbait along with the Wacky rig are 2 baits in my opinion that changed bass fishing. Both have their nuances but generally are very easy to work.
FishinMatt said:
Nice one. Chatterbait along with the Wacky rig are 2 baits in my opinion that changed bass fishing. Both have their nuances but generally are very easy to work.
I would add the ned rig as well.

#9 ·
Islandfisher said:
Nice fish! Don't give up on chatterbaits everyone, when fishing in cloudy FP waters a blue/black chatter bait with a white trailer will smash 'em all day long. That being said, spinnerbait with the same colors will do the same.
I am just discovering chatterbait so I'm late to the dance. It broke my fall slump as I also connected at local pond as well which hasn't produced in over a month for me.Got 2.with same bluegill color

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.