Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Hiking the bank at Sag Qaurrey

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Spincastguy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Got out today to test my new BFS combo and after an hour nailed this nice Trout . On. 1/8 ounce rapala of some sort on a pw100 finesse bait caster on a 6.6 lite kyung Teton rod with 10 lb braid and 4lb fouroleader. Combo from Ali express.I don't know were this new journey will get take me but you find bfs very interesting.
B3B392A2-DBB0-4F2D-BE1F-93DB10782C68.jpeg
84E3DCE6-6858-4990-A9CA-4FC38E45CA66.jpeg

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Spincast guy said:
Got out today to test my new BFS combo and after an hour nailed this nice Trout . On. 1/8 ounce rapala of some sort on a pw100 finesse bait caster on a 6.6 lite kyung Teton rod with 10 lb braid and 4lb fouroleader. Combo from Ali express.I don't know were this new journey will take me but I find bfs very interesting. View attachment 1

#8 ·
mike son said:
Nice bow! I read some good reviews on those kuying teton rods over on Tackletour. I've used a BFS rod for trout in Wisconsin. Much easier to make backhanded roll casts and shoot lures under trees and tight to cover up there vs a spinning rod.
It's pretty cool rod as I got the 6.6 light action 3-8 lb line as I wanted slightly more beef for smallies I may get the 6.3 ultra light 2-6 lb line next . But I don't think lol throw less than 1/8 - 1/4 ounce lures anyways and the light is fine fit that 1/16 and under ultra light would be better. The regular size rods from the kyung line up look good too .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.