Busse Tuesday

Busse Lake - Elk Grove Village, IL
Fishing Information & Reports

Busse Tuesday

Postby Rambler » Jul Sat 27, 2019 10:25 am

Met my best friend Tuesday afternoon. I got there late - around 3:00 due to granddaughter watching that AM. Took along my new Daiwa Regal mated with my relatively new 7' M Daiwa Fuego. Met my buddy below the dam between the north & main pools.

Threw buzzbaits all afternoon. Only had to use my anchor 2 or 3 times - it was wonderfully windless. Took our time working our way along the Higgins side & then over between the islands. At the north end of the channel I caught my only bass of the day - a 6 - 7" monster. :D My buddy caught 3 - no big ones.

After a while I cruised over to the little cove south of CWB. No cormorants on cormorant island. Great place to get out, visit the governor and relax a bit. Sat in my canoe casting once in a while, enjoying the music of the gold finches & king birds nailing bugs above the water. I'm strongly considering giving that cove an unofficial, WCF-only name. Unless anyone objects I'm calling it 'Rambler Cove'. Busse Jim gets first dibs on nixing the idea.

Finally headed back to the launch. Lousy fishing but an absolutely glorious day.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Busse Tuesday

Postby Aux Pleins » Jul Sat 27, 2019 1:56 pm

Haven't seen busse since early spring. I'd imagine it would be busse swamp like it usually is this time of year, but heard they did a weed kill.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Busse Jim » Jul Sat 27, 2019 8:18 pm

Nice to read a busse report. :thumbup:
Rambler wrote:I'm strongly considering giving that cove an unofficial, WCF-only name. Unless anyone objects I'm calling it 'Rambler Cove'. Busse Jim gets first dibs on nixing the idea.

I've just refered to it as rocky cove, but
Considering how many times you visit there, you might call it "Governor's cove" :lol:
Busse Jim
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby HEDDONFROG » Jul Sun 28, 2019 11:12 am

Busse Jim wrote:Nice to read a busse report. :thumbup:
Rambler wrote:I'm strongly considering giving that cove an unofficial, WCF-only name. Unless anyone objects I'm calling it 'Rambler Cove'. Busse Jim gets first dibs on nixing the idea.

I've just refered to it as rocky cove, but
Considering how many times you visit there, you might call it "Governor's cove" :lol:

I second the motion.

Every time I read Rambler mention “governors” I hear the Michael Caine English version read as “Guvnah”
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Jul Tue 30, 2019 8:39 am

Busse Jim wrote:Considering how many times you visit there, you might call it "Governor's cove" :lol:

Hmm...not so sure about that one. People might think it's called that out of respect for the governor (whomever they might be at the time) & it would require explanation. :?

HEDDONFROG wrote:Every time I read Rambler mention “governors” I hear the Michael Caine English version read as “Guvnah”

Wow - me & Michael Caine mentioned in the same sentence. Who'd a thunk? :D
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Aug Thu 01, 2019 7:10 am

Forgot to mention - my buddy had a buzzbait bitten off. At first he thought his line was bad. Further consideration brought the conclusion that it was probably a toothy critter.

We saw one of the eagles (not Don Henley) swoop down & grab a fish. It landed in one of the dead trees just west of the channel to CWB to enjoy dinner. Judging from the size & color it was almost certainly a carp. GO EAGLES!!!
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby HEDDONFROG » Aug Sat 03, 2019 1:28 am

Rambler wrote:Forgot to mention - my buddy had a buzzbait bitten off. At first he thought his line was bad. Further consideration brought the conclusion that it was probably a toothy critter.

We saw one of the eagles (not Don Henley) swoop down & grab a fish. It landed in one of the dead trees just west of the channel to CWB to enjoy dinner. Judging from the size & color it was almost certainly a carp. GO EAGLES!!!

Funny stuff
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Woohoodude11 » Aug Sat 03, 2019 6:35 am

Rambler wrote:GO EAGLES!!!

As a Cowboys fan, I almost hated you for this :lol:
Lets Go Sharks!

FB|IG|Twitter|Snap @woohoodude11
Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus