PC crap out & Busse bass

Busse Lake - Elk Grove Village, IL
Fishing Information & Reports

PC crap out & Busse bass

Postby Rambler » Jun Thu 25, 2020 8:17 am

This has been a crazy week or 2. Last week while we were showing our house I had to clean up my office. Consequently I unplugged my laptop for a few days. When I started it back up on Monday it didn't work. So I called a local computer repair shop & of course they only see people by appointment during the pandemic so I had to wait until yesterday to take it in. Dropped it off in the AM & headed to Busse.

I parked in the lot off of Arlington Hgts Rd - the one to the right - and walked around the little bay casting a jig & twister as I went. No takers. So I walked out to one of my favorite spots where there's a picnic table I can rest on & changed to a new, white spinner bait. Walked along the little bay south of 'Rambler's Governor's Visit Cove'. There were 2 kids fishing at the back of the bay. They asked if I'd caught anything - I said "no". I asked them the same question - the said they'd had some hits but hadn't caught anything. After a few minutes they got on their bikes (made me think of P Fly & Cyanatic) and took off.

No more than 5 minutes later a monster hit my buzzbait. It put up a great fight & I had to pull it over a log to land it. Just as I got it in the lure came loose. The fish hadn't spit it - the line broke. Good news is the fish was exhausted & lay in the water at my feet & the lure was next to it. The bass measured 17" & fat - I'm guessing between 3 & 4 lbs.

A few minutes later I landed a 2nd, smaller bass. After that things went dead. I fished my way back to my car and drove over to the other lot. Fished for a while on Salt Creek without any takers. While I was there the computer shop called & told me my PC was ready. The SSD had turned to toast.

So I've got a new SSD but am in the process of setting things up again. Unfortunately I've lost Picassa & since the asswipes at Google killed it I'm trying out something else. So if my pictures come out crappy it's because I haven't figured out how to resize yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: PC crap out & Busse bass

Postby urbanHog312 » Jun Thu 25, 2020 8:45 am

good luck selling the pad. nice bass.
gin, smoke, lies
urbanHog312
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Jun Thu 25, 2020 10:19 am

Sold it already. Thanks.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brandon » Jun Sat 27, 2020 2:13 pm

Nice bass!!! Always nice to have a line break or fish come loose and still be able to tackle it and land it. That’s sport fishing!!
"I am a law only for my kind, I am no law for all." -Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Brandon
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Busse Lake