Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Best size to date, good numbers

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Rambler 
#1 ·
I had my best two bass at Busse to date, and lots of 18 and 19" too.
Biggest two are 22" around 6.75lbs, and 21" around 6.25lbs.

#9 ·
Nice fish!
Jig fishing is just too slow for me ( the hat is ironic),unless it has two arms and a spinning blade.
I know it works.
I Knew a guy, Skippy 69 who nailed bass on a jig at Busse, Totally amazed me
Always thought of the damage i could do in the weeds. I've gotton as far as frogging or texas rigged sluggos and culprits. But punching :think:

6 lb Bass exist in those expansive weed flats, I know it, or believe it.
Haven't got one...Yet. Just cant make myself jig fish em.

But,
if those are 6 lbers, you must have a size 18 shoe, or I need new batteries in my scale. Not Tall enough. Seen two i believe.
No need to embellish here, those are nice fish. Welcome to the site.

Then again i could be wrong.

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
GeeBees said:
by GeeBees » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:34 pm

Busse Jim wrote:
18 shoe

You making fun of my ridiculous clown shoe water shoes!?
They are HUGE!
:lol: :thumbup: I said i could be wrong.
this is my PB, 19-1/2 " 5.6 lbs, my 21 and 22"ers were only low 5lbs,
IMG_5910[1].JPG
this 19"er was THICK.
Again not knocking you, those are nice fish, your jigging bass out of those weedbeds.

[/quote]

Attachments

#15 ·
Awesome Busse fish. Most summertime bass of that size class are going to fall into that 4-5 lb class. The estimator is kind of worthless except for big musky, walleye, and pike imo. I would take those any day though. Doubly impressive the body of water they came from. As BusseJim knows, fish like that do not come easily from there.

#17 ·
Nice fish, it's funny what a picture will do. I caught a decent bass in the south pool on Saturday, late afternoon. I measured it twice and got 16.5" both times. I took a picture of it, then when I got home, I took a look a the picture and my first thought was, "No way that is 16.5" looks like 12" or 13" at best.

#19 ·
Clonefan94 said:
Nice fish, it's funny what a picture will do. I caught a decent bass in the south pool on Saturday, late afternoon. I measured it twice and got 16.5" both times. I took a picture of it, then when I got home, I took a look a the picture and my first thought was, "No way that is 16.5" looks like 12" or 13" at best.
Good point. When we go fishing my best friend consistently under estimates the weight of his fish. He'll catch one & say it's maybe around 3/4 of a pound. But compared to fish I see weighed on MLF tournaments it's more likely around 1.5 lbs.

You just never know. For the record the bass in my avatar was measured & weighed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.