Busse North Weedkill 6-26

Busse Lake - Elk Grove Village, IL
Fishing Information & Reports

Busse North Weedkill 6-26

Postby minstrel » Jun Thu 27, 2019 10:37 pm

Got to Busse today with stapled on notes everywhere declaring that there was a weedkill performed on the 26th...

The weeds in the section I've been fishing were still there, as were the fish. I got this bruiser (18") on my third cast. One of those hits that just snaps your line instantly to attention and you hookset on instinct only :D Guiding him in along the rocks was not easy:
20190627_rocksbass.jpg

The other two I had on were both big fish and both ditched me in the weeds so maybe they are getting a little thick... not sure how to feel/think about the 'kill until I see end result I guess.

And here's a fish from Tuesday when I caught a bunch but most were smaller 'cept this 17"
20190625_17ish.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
minstrel
Fishing Czar

Re: Busse North Weedkill 6-26

Postby jonny2can » Jun Thu 27, 2019 10:40 pm

They did a weed kill like that couple years ago and it ruined the fishing in the north pool in my opinion. It ruined all the cover for the fish to hide under so it was near impossible to find them.
jonny2can
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Busse Jim » Jun Fri 28, 2019 12:17 am

So glad to read a post from there! Especially one with a nice fish! :clap:

So sad to hear about another weed kill, primarily for the sake of the once a year trout program. :(
Still pissed off about that. And still think Bode south was the best choice!

See any signs posted around the other pools?

Though its not “all” bad.
I can troll again.
I’m beginning to think that with the weed kills, I can fish like it’s 1999 again :think: , but without the wood.

Good thing I kept all those records.
Now if only I can figure them out.

Way to give the Pool some love and be rewarded :thumbup:
Busse Jim
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby minstrel » Jul Thu 04, 2019 12:42 pm

Well, just an update in that on my latest outing the main weed bed in the middle of the Pool is basically gone... most shoreline weeds... gone. :cry: What a shame.

I was able to coax out three bites but it just kind of feels like random casting at this point with no real target cover. I doubt any big numbers will be possible at this point, but it was a pretty great couple of weeks landing about 30 bass from shore over a few weeks.
minstrel
Fishing Czar

Postby jonny2can » Jul Fri 05, 2019 2:25 am

A shame exactly cause it really didn't even need it while other county lakes are basically swamps that are unfishable.. they need to focus on the lakes that need the herbicide
jonny2can
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Capten » Jul Sun 14, 2019 8:35 am

The water clarity in CWB due to the weed kill looks really bad, like everything is dying. Not a single bite were you would normally get quite a few in a short period of time. What's the recovery time till it becomes normal again?
Capten
Minnow

Postby Rambler » Jul Sun 14, 2019 8:42 am

My best friend & I were out there last Tuesday. It looks like the weed killing has extended to most of the main pool. Most of the weeds are gone. Not dead - completely gone. My buddy kept wondering where they went. Not surprisingly the fishing sucked.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Bassin' Ted » Jul Sun 14, 2019 9:28 am

Nice fish! Hate weed kills.
I love the smell of Powerbait in the morning!
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Busse Lake