Another one & done

Busse Lake - Elk Grove Village, IL
Fishing Information & Reports

Another one & done

Postby Rambler » Sep Wed 25, 2019 2:49 pm

My best friend is in the BWCA so I've been fishing solo this week. Yesterday I hit 3 places - 2 little lakes (Spring Creek Reservoir & Maple) in DuPage cty & finished up at Busse.

Got skunked at the little lakes. Spent 3 - 4 hours walking around them throwing a variety of lures. Nothing, zippo. So I headed up to Busse & fished a spot I usually fish from my canoe along the east side of the main pool. The bottom there is rocky with a steep drop off 10 - 12 feet from shore.

Started out with a jig & twister - no takers. So I switched to a green & white chatterbait & on the 4th or 5th cast hooked a nice 15" bass. Put up a great fight. After that it was back to no action.

So I switched to a Storm Hot N Tot. I used to catch a lot of fish on these but for some reason stopped using them. The one I tied on is probably 25 years old. After a few casts it got caught up on something and I lost it. So it goes. But it got me to thinking about the name - Hot N Tot. I suspect if Storm tried naming it in these PC days they'd catch all sorts of shit. "Hottentot" was a pejorative name the Brits used for African tribes back when they were busy conquering "deepest darkest" Africa.

That got me to thinking about how sorry I feel for old Queen Liz. Her dad reigned over a truly global empire. She's watched it dwindle down to where her country can't get its shit together about its future. The first Prime Minister she met with after becoming queen was Churchill. Now she has to deal with that clown Boris Johnson. What a way to go...

It started getting dark so I contented myself with the one & only bass. Better than the proverbial sharp stick in the eye.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Another one & done

Postby vman01 » Sep Wed 25, 2019 3:06 pm

Only one but a good story to go with it. Enjoyed it
vman01
Fishing Czar

Re: Another one & done

Postby Aux Pleins » Sep Thu 26, 2019 12:25 am

Way to aggravate that bass enough for a fight. Reaction bite :thumbup: