bussie trout

Busse Lake - Elk Grove Village, IL
Fishing Information & Reports

bussie trout

Postby xterrabill » Oct Sat 24, 2020 8:01 am

little report
went out Wednesday for the opener, not as crowded as I thought it would be, was slow, the storms the night before might have played a roll, fished the west side and got 2, fair size, hit on minnows/slip bobber/tiny treble rigs, only seen one guy limit out, he fished the south side with power bait off bottom (so he said).
folks said they opened up at 5:30am. I showed up at 7:15am.

went back Thursday 7am, very slow, nothing till 10:15am, then bam, double header!
reeling in first fish and second hit at same time, got both, then nothing for another 2.5 hours.

funny how fishing is like that sometimes.

talked to a gent that said he limited out near the dam on the opener in the am.

not many masked peeps (not that I think its necessary when every one is 20+ feet apart outside)
more folks were wearing masks on Thursday (even tho there were only about 40 people out there 100 feet apart LOL)

all in all it was worth going, glad I did, was surprised that power bait worked better then minnows, in my experience (20+years of trout openers) minnows
usually out produce power bait.

seen at least 4-5 golden trout, even had enough room out there to try my fly rod out, (0 on fly rod) but I have managed to pick up many trout in past years
by using a fly rod (usually 2-4 days after the opener).

tight lines to all you fishing freaks
peace
xterrabill
xterrabill

Re: bussie trout

Postby minstrel » Oct Sat 24, 2020 11:13 am

Thanks for the report I was wondering how crowds would be.

Usually whatever they are hitting on is the thing I don't have... show up with minnows they are nailing powerbait, show up with both and they are hitting spoons. :roll:
minstrel
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Mindiman » Oct Sat 24, 2020 11:19 am

Thanks for that report im going to try this Sat evening or Sunday morning i hope its not too crowded
I fish from my green/blue Jackson Kilroy kayak with many brand name fishing gear sticker on it say hello i like to meet new people and share fishing info
Mindiman
Minnow

Postby xterrabill » Oct Sat 24, 2020 11:51 am

I might go back out tomorrow morning....depending on how many bottle bass I catch tonight, look for red green sitting on a bucket.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ppwtwpj-Q
xterrabill

Return to Busse Lake