Switch to full site
Two of the best lakes in southern Wisconsin. Only a short cast away from Chicago.
Forum rules
Post a reply

Geneva 0922 out with the Master

Sep Tue 22, 2015 5:16 pm

Got out with the Master Matt its been awhile since we been out and always a pleasure to fish no matter what the outcome what a sweet ride he has.Image
Tossed senkos i the shallows and got some decent fish mixed in with the smaller onesImageImage
Went deep with some fresh bait and got 6 Smallies in this sizeImageImage
Missed a pig Walleye for the third straight trip at boat on Husky Jerk :x

Re: Geneva 0922 out with the Master

Sep Tue 22, 2015 5:29 pm

I always wondered why you like dock fishing so much, I now know why.

Sep Tue 22, 2015 5:40 pm

ffishman wrote:I always wondered why you like dock fishing so much, I now know why.

The dock-ter is in. I hope he isn't out make house calls.

Sep Tue 22, 2015 5:48 pm

Matt got bite off one time and lost a tanker Smallie who got under trolling motor .

Sep Tue 22, 2015 6:16 pm

Nice work out there Coyote and Master and one hell of a rig. Trees starting to change? Sure doesn't look like it yet. Well as sickly as some of the pike look that Offman reported, these bass sure look healthy.

Sep Tue 22, 2015 6:35 pm

Nice catches. Especially the one in the 2-piece 8)

Sep Tue 22, 2015 8:39 pm

Always love a good boat shot!

Oh and sweet ride fishnmatt.

Sep Tue 22, 2015 8:51 pm

Nice boat. Nice fish. One pic reminds me of a PeterB post :lol:

Sep Tue 22, 2015 9:33 pm

that girl is only 16 :shock:

Sep Wed 23, 2015 12:42 am

That's what I love about those dock gurls....I get older ...blah blah blah...headed out to Delly Thursday.....Wish me a post! HA!
:mrgreen:

Sep Wed 23, 2015 9:08 am

Skifish1 wrote:Nice boat. Nice fish. One pic reminds me of a PeterB post :lol:
X2

Looks like a great day. Good to see some smallies and you will outsmart those walleyes you keep tangling with one day soon.

Sep Wed 23, 2015 9:11 am

Nice looking boat and good job on the fish and 'other' scenery.

Sep Wed 23, 2015 7:23 pm

Nice talent in that boat... Matt of course :D Any fish left in that lake w/out sore mouths?

Sep Wed 23, 2015 8:32 pm

Was nice to get out in the boat with Yote. We could only find one deep spot holding fish and did fairly well. I blew a trailer bearing on the ride home and had to have the boat towed on a flatbed. Not too happy because they were installed about 1 year ago. Oh well, Geneva probably won't get good until October anyways. 70 degree water temps are holding strong even with the cool nights. Need to get down closer to 60 to really get them schooling and active.

Sep Wed 23, 2015 8:40 pm

Who did your bearing work

Sep Thu 24, 2015 7:52 am

Jd trailers in Elburn.

Sep Thu 24, 2015 4:51 pm

Bearings should last longer than 1 season. Many seasons. I would try to get them to pay for the fees you incurred. I always did my own mechanical work on my cars/trucks. Work was keeping me busy, and I needed to service my vehicles front hubs. Well, one started to act up, I did not have the time, so I took it to a place that worked on 4wd vehicles recommended by a friend. I told them one was acting up, so, service both. The charged me for doing both. About 6 weeks later, the other one, they said they also worked on broke. Obviously the never touched it. They refused to refund my money. The only thing I was able to do was tell everybody about their lack of good work. Time to tell guys about them, so no one else gets burned, and time to find a new place.

Sep Thu 24, 2015 5:56 pm

Catastrophic failure of left bearing, Needs new axle. JD is a good guy, and we talked for awhile today and I could tell he was suprised and felt bad about the whole thing. We are going to work something out and it will be ready in a few days. He serviced my previous trailer as well and pretty much brought it back from the dead as it was in poor shape being 25 years old. I will let you guys no how everything works out.

Sep Thu 24, 2015 6:54 pm

Nice! Looking forward to some october reports when that fall smallie bite really takes off!

Sorry to hear about the trailer, Matt. That sure is a sweet boat.
Post a reply