Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Geneva 0922 out with the Master

4K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  WaterGuy 
#1 ·
Got out with the Master Matt its been awhile since we been out and always a pleasure to fish no matter what the outcome what a sweet ride he has.
Tossed senkos i the shallows and got some decent fish mixed in with the smaller ones
Went deep with some fresh bait and got 6 Smallies in this size
Missed a pig Walleye for the third straight trip at boat on Husky Jerk :x

See less See more
#14 ·
Was nice to get out in the boat with Yote. We could only find one deep spot holding fish and did fairly well. I blew a trailer bearing on the ride home and had to have the boat towed on a flatbed. Not too happy because they were installed about 1 year ago. Oh well, Geneva probably won't get good until October anyways. 70 degree water temps are holding strong even with the cool nights. Need to get down closer to 60 to really get them schooling and active.

#17 ·
Bearings should last longer than 1 season. Many seasons. I would try to get them to pay for the fees you incurred. I always did my own mechanical work on my cars/trucks. Work was keeping me busy, and I needed to service my vehicles front hubs. Well, one started to act up, I did not have the time, so I took it to a place that worked on 4wd vehicles recommended by a friend. I told them one was acting up, so, service both. The charged me for doing both. About 6 weeks later, the other one, they said they also worked on broke. Obviously the never touched it. They refused to refund my money. The only thing I was able to do was tell everybody about their lack of good work. Time to tell guys about them, so no one else gets burned, and time to find a new place.

#18 ·
Catastrophic failure of left bearing, Needs new axle. JD is a good guy, and we talked for awhile today and I could tell he was suprised and felt bad about the whole thing. We are going to work something out and it will be ready in a few days. He serviced my previous trailer as well and pretty much brought it back from the dead as it was in poor shape being 25 years old. I will let you guys no how everything works out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.