Delavan with the gang

Two of the best lakes in southern Wisconsin. Only a short cast away from Chicago.

Delavan with the gang

Postby coyote » Jun Sat 11, 2016 6:05 am

Offman was kind enough to allow Swedish Lenn the Patriarch of Delavan,Dirty Larry and myself to a trip on his vessel. Winds were tough to start followed by high temps and sunny skies. We managed a bunch of fish heres a few.
Larry got things started as usual twitch a senko like no otherImage
Len showed he can use a senko too with a nice 18incherImage
Billie the guide for the day killed Bass and pikes with a some nice topwater fishImageImage
I caught a few but spent most of the time being the butt of most jokes and just relaxingImage
The lake is on the downturn but i will wait till september before i can really tell, had a great lunch at the Frontier and good times with some great guys, wish we could have got Matt and Mrb out there that would have been funny as hell. Thanks Bill we all appreciate it
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Delavan with the gang

Postby jmdog2003 » Jun Sat 11, 2016 7:25 am

You guys really crushed 'em. Cool to see everyone got it on the action.
jmdog2003
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby 1080tommy » Jun Sat 11, 2016 7:47 am

Nice Mike! I went out to Loon and got my ass handed to me. Fishing can be very humbling!!!! Just when I think I have them figured out it's everything I can do to get a few. Nice fish!!!
1080tommy
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FishinMatt » Jun Sat 11, 2016 10:38 am

That would have been something if Adam and I could have joined you. I would probably of just sat on the boat too and enjoyed the laughs. Quite the collection of Delly experience aboard that vessel.
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby coyote » Jun Sat 11, 2016 11:04 am

Tommy, i was humbled last Monday on Geneva. Yes fishing is sure different from day to day , took a day off from fishing and was kicking myself for not going back up to Delly on such a perfect morning........then i get report from Offman and he said it was the dead sea :cry: Lenns Bass was 18inches and 2.12lbs this Bass was at least 3.50 2 years ago . Bills big Bass was 18inches and 3.4lbs also undersized. Pike are full of sores and dinks , very scary whats going out there right now. Boat launch has been empty for how it should be in mid June . Hoping for a upswing in July and August.
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby ohoffm » Jun Sat 11, 2016 11:07 am

It was a great day. No work and had some seasoned veterans that know how to get fish in the boat with me. It was nice that our good time was interrupted by some fish.

Cool that I was able to get a new bragboard largy on top but sad that 3 lbs 4 ozs is biggest bass so far in the boat this year. I hope the fishing picks up.
The easiest way is rarely the best way
ohoffm
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Lake Geneva/Delevan