Shoulda stayed home

Two of the best lakes in southern Wisconsin. Only a short cast away from Chicago.

Shoulda stayed home

Postby ffishman » Jun Wed 29, 2016 3:13 pm

We decided to hit Geneva today. My buddy's first time there this year. We decided to stop at Walmart in Geneva to buy his license. He goes to the counter, and she says she need to see his IL driver license. Wellllllll, he can't find it. We retrace his steps and still no license. Now, an hour or better is lost, we decide to chance it and hit Geneva anyway. We get to Williams Bay at 7:35, not a open spot to park and two guys waiting. Time to call it a day. On the way home we decide to hit the chain. Used the ramp at the American Legion hall. Putting the boat on the trailer, I scrape about 6 inches off the keel guard. Now that is ruined. Should have stayed home.
24 cans in a case, 24 hours in a day, you do the math
ffishman
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Shoulda stayed home

Postby FloridaRigger » Jun Wed 29, 2016 3:59 pm

I think the walmart lady is mistaken. you shouldnt need a drivers license to get a fishing license. just need your SSN and address
FloridaRigger
Fishing Czar

Postby coyote » Jun Thu 30, 2016 8:13 am

Fishman , i always launch at Fontana and it is never crowded on weekday.
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby catch&release » Jun Thu 30, 2016 11:56 am

FloridaRigger wrote:I think the walmart lady is mistaken. you shouldnt need a drivers license to get a fishing license. just need your SSN and address

i don't know about that. i think the walmart lady is correct.
catch&release
Game Fish

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Jun Thu 30, 2016 12:01 pm

I typically do mine online, and you only need one or the other (DL# or SS#) for them to lookup your previous year's license and give you a new one when you go onto the DNR website. Never buy in a store, so not 100%. I would think you could do it with any picture ID, but IDK if you can do it without one. They need a way to know you're the person they're issuing a fishing license to.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FishinMatt » Jun Thu 30, 2016 12:28 pm

Reminds me of the morning I drove my rig into the ditch on a foggy fall morning on the way to Geneva. I could not see 2 feet in front of the truck. Should have stayed home too.
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby FloridaRigger » Jun Thu 30, 2016 12:32 pm

catch&release wrote:
FloridaRigger wrote:I think the walmart lady is mistaken. you shouldnt need a drivers license to get a fishing license. just need your SSN and address

i don't know about that. i think the walmart lady is correct.

page 5
http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/fishing/documen ... pdf#page=5

" A driver's license or social security number is required to purchase a license.
Please note: A social security number is required to establish an account and purchase your
first license"
FloridaRigger
Fishing Czar

Postby ffishman » Jun Thu 30, 2016 5:35 pm

The only good thing that could have been, he wanted to buy a 1 day for 10 bucks. The walmart lady said at this point, he could buy a year for, 27.00, I think. Now back to the bad stuff. Working on the boat today, one of the bunks looked funny, not like it should. Upon further inspection, it is rotted. Yipes.... Time to replace a couple of bunks. Looks like I will be on dry dock for a while. Good luck out there guys.
ffishman
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby ffishman » Jul Fri 01, 2016 7:37 am

coyote wrote:Fishman , i always launch at Fontana and it is never crowded on weekday.

ISn't Fontana parking a long ways away? i was told its a couple of blocks away. I used to launch at Linn pier, but its only 1 ramp for in and out. Williams bay is much nicer. I've launched there many times and have never ever seen it that crowded on a Wednesday. I wonder if a lot of the guys that fish delly are hitting Geneva now.. Maybe better fishing?
ffishman
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby ffishman » Jul Fri 01, 2016 7:38 am

Oh yea, looking at my keel guard, I now see a nother problem. My bunks are rotting. The need to be replaced. Lucky me. Looks like I won't be fishing for a while.
ffishman
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby coyote » Jul Fri 01, 2016 8:12 am

Takes me 3 minutes tops to walk back to launch.Plenty of parking , nice launch, and fish the minute i leave the dock. Yes i would say less people on Delly for sure. I would have been there maybe 4 more times this year at this point. Wont try there till mid to late July if my methods from the past many years do not produce the fish we usually get in July and August i will have deeper concerns than i have right now.
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby ffishman » Jul Sat 02, 2016 7:09 am

Since I won't be on the water for a while, I will watch your posts to see what's hot when I am ready togo again.
ffishman
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Lake Geneva/Delevan