Short report, crappies

Lake County, IL - Fishing Information

Short report, crappies

Postby emimol » Apr Mon 11, 2011 2:09 pm

Went out to test my new reel (the new pflueger president). Fished from 4-7 pm. 1bass around 12" and ~30-35, all around 4' deep or shallower. Crappies were between 6 and 10"(most of them 7-8) on 1" panfish zoom paddletail. The bigger ones were caught on #2 mepps and 4" yammamoto swimm bait. Very windy for the first 2 hours. Very nice at the end.
emimol
Pan Fish

Re: Short report, crappies

Postby Whats the catch..Ron'chi? » Apr Mon 11, 2011 5:27 pm

How did ya like your pflueger president? solid reel for the money!
HOOK,LINE & SINKER!
Whats the catch..Ron'chi?
Fishing Czar

Postby SJS » Apr Mon 11, 2011 5:52 pm

They sure are great for the money, I love them. :D

But, I haven't tried out the new model yet, I have the 2 old ones.

Oh and nice report eminol, seems to be a lot of people hitting independence grove lately.
BassCaster wrote:
you may even run into a sign that states that there is "No Fishing" which mean there only 1 thing. THE BASS ARE HUGE!!!!!!!!!!

http://basstobluegillflyfishing.yolasite.com/
SJS
Fishing Fanatic

Postby emimol » Apr Mon 11, 2011 9:28 pm

The new reel got a very good feeling. Much better than the old model. But that is just a first impression. I hope it's going to stay like that (kind of expensive, so I hope I'll be happy on the long run). Most of my reels are Pflueger because I like the fact they are smooth. But this one is special. Now I'm thinking that maybe I have to find some money for the $200.00 model :-). And pretty soon I'll order a rod from Dan Simms to match the reel. I just have to go to work for a while before ordering... damn.

About IG, there were some guys there, almost crowded, but still ok. There were two guys fishing small plastics under bobbers with very good results. And I saw a guy that caught a big bass (looked like close to 20", but I was far), probably on minnows under a bobber.
emimol
Pan Fish

Return to Independence Grove