IG 4/21

Lake County, IL - Fishing Information

IG 4/21

Postby Hellfish » Apr Thu 21, 2016 8:58 pm

Got the skunk today, kind of. Tried fishing the south shore as well as the inlet where ice skating was. Didn't even get a bite. Got to see a goose turf war, which was interesting to see. This beaver? muskrat? swam across the main pool and right to this thicket of vegetation and hung out before he spotted me and bolted. For those who know the preserve I think his home is the mound which is adjacent to the small parking lot in the SW corner of the lake.
I didn't totally get skunked because when I was fishing the small inlet I noticed a Bass Pro plastic bag floating in the water. It's a little early for the topwater bite, but now I have a reason to get a MH rod/reel combo with braid!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hellfish

Re: IG 4/21

Postby RonG » Apr Thu 21, 2016 9:35 pm

I'm pretty sure that's one of those aquatic squirrels that have found their way to Illinois.
RonG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Busse Jim » Apr Thu 21, 2016 9:59 pm

Getting a Booyah Pad Crasher Frog for the effort, that's not a skunk :D Fav color! That's gonna pay off big dividends [ as in Bass ] come June !!
Busse Jim
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » Apr Fri 22, 2016 3:31 am

Muskrat.. a semi aquatic mammal. No relation to sewer rats or alley rats or any of the rat family members. And no relation to the rock group Ratt.

Heard they're good eating, I wouldn't try one, that tail freaks me out, but I do know the pelts are pricey and super soft, just like beaver and mink.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby RonG » Apr Fri 22, 2016 10:42 am

Aux Pleins wrote:that tail freaks me out,

The m-rat that came up my ice hole in my shanty 2 winters ago really freaked me out. I'm glad he only stayed about 5 seconds before leaving with a big splash. :shock:
RonG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby bapentec » May Thu 05, 2016 1:35 am

RATT...im drunlk
bapentec
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Independence Grove