What's your ride?

Fishing tips, fishing questions, fishing information, whatever... post here. Not Chicago specific.

What's your ride?

Postby Bassin' Ted » Jan Wed 16, 2019 9:01 am

So the other thread got me thinking. What does everyone drive and what will be your next vehicle?

I've got a 2008 Tacoma. It's been a great truck with no costs other than general maintenance.

2008-toyota-tacoma double cab-frontside_tttcc081.jpg

My next vehicle will be a Tundra with a the double cab and a 6.5 bed. Gonna put a cap on it so I can sleep in the back on camping trips. How say you?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I love the smell of Powerbait in the morning!
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: What's your ride?

Postby joetrain » Jan Wed 16, 2019 9:37 am

Nothing special. A 2011 VW Jetta Sportwagen. It has been a great car. Just a bit over 100,000 miles and no issues so far. I can easily put my yak/canoe on top. It gets good gas mileage but it is a bit noisy on the highway.

I’m currently looking for a 15 passenger van. I will be able to slide my yak inside and I can sleep in it. I’m sure I could tow with it too. Anybody selling one let me know.

~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Phil6 » Jan Wed 16, 2019 9:43 am

2006 accord, cant even fit all my ice gear in it! But its reliable and I bought it from my parents so I know how well it was taken care of. Hopefully my next car will be a small truck, ideally a tacoma. Will most likely be used
I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news. - JM
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby billebob5 » Jan Wed 16, 2019 10:00 am

GMC.jpg
don't judge me. This was in Wisconsin. 2014 Sierra SLT Crew Cab standard bed, you know, so those 7'6" rods will fit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billebob5
Fishing Czar

Postby cletedius » Jan Wed 16, 2019 12:38 pm

2008 Toyota sienna (yes I know, stop laughing!)

In years past, logistics would occasionally have me drive me a family members toyota minivan. In these instances, Id catch myself thinking how nice it actually was & how much better it might be at hauling rods & gear then my pickups were. So, when it came time to address my vehicle situation, I thought, dare I? Wound up purchasing a well-used high mileage 08sienna almost 3yrs ago from a craigslist add.
So, after the initial barrage of inquiries from whether the vehicle price included my genitalia & dignity, couldnt be happier with the switch (referring to the minivan, not my gender).
Theres tradeoffs, no doubt, but for 90%+ of my needs the minivan works much better & does so cheaper. Wouldnt want to tow a boat with it, but not a consideration in the present.
The minuses:
Little to no towing ability. Less ground clearance, ability to drive over or thru ruts, curbs, unpaved roads. Style points.
The pluses:
Much cheaper to drive day in/out. Access to storage is way better & more secure. Less conspicuous all the way around. Much easier for car camping. Pull out rear seats & has more room than my standard bed p/up. Much better for hauling/storing rods&reels out of the way. 9'6" rods? No problem!

Setup for 2 weeks of wading & camping

My previous 2 trucks were both Dodge, & the ownership experience was very good with next to no complaints, but in terms of all
-around quality, thoughtful design, its not even close to a toyota after 55k miles over the last 2.5 years.
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby Bassin' Ted » Jan Wed 16, 2019 2:03 pm

Cletedius- That's a great-looking setup. I would go that route if it wasn't for towing a boat. I have often thought how much easier things would be if I was a happy with fishing out of kayak.

I have done a lot of research on different truck camping setups. Some guys get very elaborate with their setup. I am just looking to build a sleeping platform with storage underneath. Overall, I am just waiting till the redesigned Tundra comes out in the next couple years. Hopefully, it gets better gas mileage that what they get now.
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Jan Wed 16, 2019 2:07 pm

I drive a 2010 Mazda 3 GT hatchback. Great vehicle, good but not great gas mileage (bought it for the way it handles, not for mileage) and reliable. 85,000 miles so far. Can't handle long 1-piece rods but that's OK with me. Roof is long enough to carry either of my canoes.

But I gotta say the all-time coolest fishing ride I know of is the one my buddy over in MI has. He bought it from a church. No seats in back. Keeps his 12' Old Town in it. Calls it "The Beast" - his mobile man cave. Unfortunately he's battling cancer of the larynx so he hasn't used it much lately.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby urbanHog312 » Jan Wed 16, 2019 2:17 pm

2012 Toyota Tundra. Rock Warrior edition. it hauls rods, yaks, deer, dogs, boats and hoes.

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg
gin, smoke, lies
urbanHog312
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Jan Wed 16, 2019 2:23 pm

Bassin' Ted wrote:I have done a lot of research on different truck camping setups. Some guys get very elaborate with their setup. I am just looking to build a sleeping platform with storage underneath.

I suggest you try to find the Top Gear (the UK version) episode on campers. You might get some great ideas. Or not. At the very least you'll laugh your ass off.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Lip_Yanker » Jan Wed 16, 2019 4:28 pm

1998 Goldwing- 55k miles (Summer ride), 2007 Focus- 135xxx miles (daily winter and rainy summer day commuter), 2001 F250 SD (driveway decoration dust collector mostly- only 46xxx miles).

My old lady has a 2015 Exploder we got mid last year and I told her it had to last us a minimum of 10 years. It replaced a 1998 Exploder.

I will go with an F150 for the next truck, eventually. My choices may be a bit limited when it comes time to replace the Focus, as I heard Ford is moving away from producing passenger cars in the next few years. The Wing... probably be replaced with a newer Wing when the time comes... that's if I outlive it anyway.

Exclusive member of Muff Divers Local #69 "No muff to tough, we dive at five."
Lip_Yanker
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » Jan Wed 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Love all the trucks guys.

2010 Silverado 5.3L 2wd. It's the #1 piece of fishing equipment I ever owned. Changes how you fish, I would quit fishing if I didnt own a pickup.

20190116_160149.jpg

20190116_155603.jpg

20190116_155542.jpg

Work truck at moms to pick up mail and trim low hanging residential tree limbs.

20190116_160128.jpg

Next has to be 4×4, lifted, and diesel.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby billebob5 » Jan Wed 16, 2019 5:00 pm

Lip_Yanker wrote:My old lady has a 2015 Exploder we got mid last year and I told her it had to last us a minimum of 10 years. It replaced a 1998 Exploder.

how often does it explode?
billebob5
Fishing Czar

Postby joetrain » Jan Wed 16, 2019 5:07 pm

Rambler wrote:I drive a 2010 Mazda 3 GT hatchback. Great vehicle, good but not great gas mileage (bought it for the way it handles, not for mileage) and reliable. 85,000 miles so far. Can't handle long 1-piece rods but that's OK with me. Roof is long enough to carry either of my canoes.

But I gotta say the all-time coolest fishing ride I know of is the one my buddy over in MI has. He bought it from a church. No seats in back. Keeps his 12' Old Town in it. Calls it "The Beast" - his mobile man cave. Unfortunately he's battling cancer of the larynx so he hasn't used it much lately.

That’s exactly what I’m in the market for. 15 passenger van totally empty. Build some storage and a bed, bingo.
~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby urbanHog312 » Jan Wed 16, 2019 5:39 pm

Aux - no issues in the snow or mud with the 2wd? my truck does 540's in the snow without clicking it over to 4x4...
gin, smoke, lies
urbanHog312
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Lip_Yanker » Jan Wed 16, 2019 5:54 pm

billebob5 wrote:
Lip_Yanker wrote:My old lady has a 2015 Exploder we got mid last year and I told her it had to last us a minimum of 10 years. It replaced a 1998 Exploder.

how often does it explode?

***Knock on wood*** never had one actually explode. Just a nickname I gave them when they came in to the market. All have been great vehicles 1991, 1994, 1998 and so far so good with the 2015.

Owned a few predecessors to those also that were great- 1983, 1987 and 1989 Bronco IIs. Those I ran hard off road after they served their years of pavement pounding duties. I miss them and the fun I had with them.

Exclusive member of Muff Divers Local #69 "No muff to tough, we dive at five."
Lip_Yanker
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby HEDDONFROG » Jan Wed 16, 2019 7:09 pm

urbanHog312 wrote:2012 Toyota Tundra. Rock Warrior edition. it hauls rods, yaks, deer, dogs, boats and hoes.

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Excellent! Someone got a “boats in hoes” into the thread
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Skifish1 » Jan Wed 16, 2019 7:39 pm

For fishing I use a Honda odyssey. That may change in near future. But for convenience you can't beat a van. Sprinter or whatever if you could remove seats you could keep gear in it perpetually. 10 ft yak turned sideways fits, keep a bike, waders, gear leave it in locked as long as you want. If I was to be practical as possible I'd go the Joe train route and get a big van with those baby tires. Not cool and you would hate driving it but if not towing you so easy just to slide yaks in, sleep, stow or whatever.
Skifish1
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » Jan Wed 16, 2019 7:43 pm

urbanHog312 wrote:Aux - no issues in the snow or mud with the 2wd? my truck does 540's in the snow without clicking it over to 4x4...

Pretty much only drove rear wheel drive cars my whole life. 78 Bonneville, 83 olds, 87 olds, 96 Impala. The last car I owned was a 2001 grand marquis, not very good in the snow. I got the pickup immediately after was surprised to see it did not fish tail nearly as bad as my cars. I know lighter trucks require sand or added weight to help the grip, I really haven't felt the need to add weight in winter. But then again, I am a professional driver. At least my license says I am. :roll:

Theres 3 spots on the dpr I can ninja launch my boat. However, I can't use them when its super muddy or snowy because I'm afraid of getting stuck. Slime on the steep launch ramps, that's another story. These are the reasons I will go 4×4 next time.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby catchafew » Jan Thu 17, 2019 10:21 am

An impetuous purchase of my first pickup truck that wasn't a rice burner and a 4 banger I made after my Subaru totaled by my gf in 2018, yes we're still together.

At least she's an older/cheaper truck (GMC 1500HD) from Texas with no rust. I could never justify owning a full size truck in Chicago with all the trips I was making going north for all those years and long work commutes.

Subarus and many SUVs don't cut it up north for rutted roads and snow covered lakes and lack of ground clearance, approach, cross over and departure angles.

This is way too much truck for me. I should have gotten a 5.3L Chevy/GMC or shouldn't have been so cheap and gotten a used Toyota truck of some type. The plus side is I can get my one piece 8.5' musky rod in the cab with no problems.

20190117_082522.jpg
catchafew
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Phil6 » Jan Thu 17, 2019 10:36 am

Skifish1 wrote:For fishing I use a Honda odyssey. That may change in near future. But for convenience you can't beat a van. Sprinter or whatever if you could remove seats you could keep gear in it perpetually. 10 ft yak turned sideways fits, keep a bike, waders, gear leave it in locked as long as you want. If I was to be practical as possible I'd go the Joe train route and get a big van with those baby tires. Not cool and you would hate driving it but if not towing you so easy just to slide yaks in, sleep, stow or whatever.

I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news. - JM
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Jan Thu 17, 2019 4:17 pm

As of right now, it's a 2012 Dodge Journey Crew. Has a Pentastar V6(285HP) and AWD. Does what I need it to do, for now. Don't think I've ever taken a pic of it. Next vehicle will be a full size truck, most likely.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Jan Thu 17, 2019 4:22 pm

2017 civic, tows the Basstender just fine. Digging these creepy vans, ain't no party like a van party.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby catchafew » Jan Thu 17, 2019 4:35 pm

The van route is a cool and practical way to go.
catchafew
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby big jay » Jan Sat 19, 2019 12:50 pm

I drive a 2016 F-150 3.5 ecoboost.
big jay
Game Fish

Postby Fonzie » Jan Sat 19, 2019 2:42 pm

cletedius,

No shame in that Toyota Sienna !

I have had mine since new in 2007. It's been trouble free and reliable.

About the towing aspect of it, IIRC it's rated to 3500 lbs. Which is more than enough capability for my 16.25' single console boat. Pop that rear hatch open
and backing down any launch lane is a breeze ! 8)

About two weeks ago, I bought a new to me replacement boat hauler, but your Sienna will tow just fine {assuming your boat ain't too big}.

Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.
Fonzie
Game Fish

Postby labman » Jan Mon 21, 2019 2:47 pm

2016 Silverado crew cab 4x4 5.3 liter. Ain't no fishing hole safe while I own this bad boy. It was kinda funny to trade in a Prius for a new truck. I had a good excuse, changed from a 140 round trip office work commute, to a 3 mile trip working for an excavating company. Now I am back to commuting and drive a rav4. Shit-E mpg but I can still stop with my fly rods or one man ice shanty on my way home. The Chevy loves to see the northwoods Of Wi and Mn. Now that I drive the yota, the Chevy gets plenty of garage time. Next ride is a 2500HD with a dirty-max. And yes, I live in the sticks.
A dude and his rod
labman
Game Fish

Postby Aux Pleins » Jan Mon 21, 2019 2:54 pm

catchafew wrote:An impetuous purchase of my first pickup truck that wasn't a rice burner and a 4 banger I made after my Subaru totaled by my gf in 2018, yes we're still together.

At least she's an older/cheaper truck (GMC 1500HD) from Texas with no rust. I could never justify owning a full size truck in Chicago with all the trips I was making going north for all those years and long work commutes.

Subarus and many SUVs don't cut it up north for rutted roads and snow covered lakes and lack of ground clearance, approach, cross over and departure angles.

This is way too much truck for me. I should have gotten a 5.3L Chevy/GMC or shouldn't have been so cheap and gotten a used Toyota truck of some type. The plus side is I can get my one piece 8.5' musky rod in the cab with no problems.

20190117_082522.jpg

Love the truck Mike. Is it just me, or are a good percentage of trucks in the northwoods chevys? I know in Rusk and Villas I see mainly bow ties.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby FloridaRigger » Jan Mon 21, 2019 10:59 pm

had twins earlier this year so traded in my 2 door Frontier for a 2018 Chevy Traverse AWD with the towing package. towed my 17ft lund to vilas county and back this summer, doesnt even feel like anything is behind me. even pulled out of a shallow sand launch no problem. highly recommend the traverse if you have a bunch of kids and need to tow an aluminum or smaller glass boat. much more family friendly than a tahoe and much cheaper than a suburban. so glad i went with it instead of a van
FloridaRigger
Fishing Czar

Postby Rambler » Jan Tue 22, 2019 8:02 am

Aux Pleins wrote: Is it just me, or are a good percentage of trucks in the northwoods chevys? I know in Rusk and Villas I see mainly bow ties.

Is it just me or are the majority of people in Rusk and Vilas cheddarhead Packers fans? Just sayin... :D
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » Jan Tue 22, 2019 8:07 am

Rambler wrote:
Aux Pleins wrote: Is it just me, or are a good percentage of trucks in the northwoods chevys? I know in Rusk and Villas I see mainly bow ties.

Is it just me or are the majority of people in Rusk and Vilas cheddarhead Packers fans? Just sayin... :D

People still watch football? Good to see schools starting to see the light.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby HEDDONFROG » Jan Tue 22, 2019 8:09 pm

FloridaRigger wrote:had twins earlier this year so traded in my 2 door Frontier for a 2018 Chevy Traverse AWD with the towing package. towed my 17ft lund to vilas county and back this summer, doesnt even feel like anything is behind me. even pulled out of a shallow sand launch no problem. highly recommend the traverse if you have a bunch of kids and need to tow an aluminum or smaller glass boat. much more family friendly than a tahoe and much cheaper than a suburban. so glad i went with it instead of a van

Congrats on the new twins Rigger. The new Traverse also has one of the most comfortable seats, especially the adjustable lower lumbar area, that I've ever sat in. It would be a consideration for this guys shitty back on that point alone. Towing cap is 5,000? or 3500?
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Bassin' Ted » Jan Tue 22, 2019 8:16 pm

My next truck is going to have heated seats. My wife has them and they felt damn nice on my backside a couple days ago.
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby joetrain » Jan Wed 23, 2019 3:00 am

Ah heated seats. Love em. Here is how stupid I am. My current car has them. I bought my car in March of 2011. Used them once or twice. I went the whole next winter without turning them on because I forgot I had them.
~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby catchafew » Jan Wed 23, 2019 9:49 am

Aux Pleins wrote:Is it just me, or are a good percentage of trucks in the northwoods chevys?

Idk I'd say there's a fair share of folks driving all three makes of US trucks. The friends I'm hanging with seem very pro GM vehicles and the 5.3L Chevy/GMC trucks. Advertising us here said GM are the best selling up here. Granted this isn't scientific but four mechanics I've spoken with spoke well of the GM 5.3L trucks, not so much of Ford and Dodge to a lesser degree. That being said, these mechanics most of them country boys, said good things about Toyotas and their trucks for reliability. But the F150 is the best selling vehicle of any kind in the United States so what can you believe. The debates never end about trucks up here especially about diesel engines but that not ever a consideration for me with a massive diesel engine and no need for a torque monster and cold weather.
catchafew
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby billebob5 » Jan Wed 23, 2019 11:48 am

Bassin' Ted wrote:My next truck is going to have heated seats. My wife has them and they felt damn nice on my backside a couple days ago.

do yourself a favor and add heated steering wheel to the list. If you're getting heated seats, might as well add VENTILATED (COOLED) seats too! That's the one option on my truck that I'm pissed I didn't hold out for. Nothing like a cool seat in the hot summer months.
billebob5
Fishing Czar

Postby Rambler » Jan Wed 23, 2019 12:55 pm

Aux Pleins wrote:People still watch football? Good to see schools starting to see the light.

I heard recently that health insurers are considering refusing coverage to families with kids who play contact sports. If/when that happens football will be on it's last legs.

Bassin' Ted wrote:My next truck is going to have heated seats. My wife has them and they felt damn nice on my backside a couple days ago.

Yep - my Mazda has them and they're a blessing in this weather. Especially when your bones are as old and creaky as mine. :D
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Woohoodude11 » Jan Wed 23, 2019 1:08 pm

billebob5 wrote:might as well add VENTILATED (COOLED) seats too! That's the one option on my truck that I'm pissed I didn't hold out for. Nothing like a cool seat in the hot summer months.

We had those on a GMC Yukon XL we rented for a road trip to Vegas. You haven't lived until you wear basketball shorts freeballin' with that breeze comin' right up the shorts :lol:
Lets Go Sharks!

FB|IG|Twitter|Snap @woohoodude11
Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Jan Wed 23, 2019 1:12 pm

Woohoodude11 wrote:You haven't lived until you wear basketball shorts freeballin' with that breeze comin' right up the shorts :lol:

WAY TMI! :lol:
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby big jay » Jan Wed 23, 2019 6:35 pm

I love the heated seats when I use the remote start my seats automatically turn on when it's below 39 degrees.
big jay
Game Fish

Postby HEDDONFROG » Jan Wed 23, 2019 11:35 pm

Woohoodude11 wrote:
billebob5 wrote:might as well add VENTILATED (COOLED) seats too! That's the one option on my truck that I'm pissed I didn't hold out for. Nothing like a cool seat in the hot summer months.

We had those on a GMC Yukon XL we rented for a road trip to Vegas. You haven't lived until you wear basketball shorts freeballin' with that breeze comin' right up the shorts :lol:

This is just wrong. Well within his personal guidelines but so wrong
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Michalski » Jan Thu 24, 2019 7:44 am

2010 Subaru Outback.

Two things I love about it: AWD and heated seats.

Based on the posts above, one thing that I should hate about it: no ventilated seats :cry: :cry:
Michalski
Pan Fish

Postby Phil6 » Jan Thu 24, 2019 9:31 am

HEDDONFROG wrote:This is just wrong. Well within his personal guidelines but so wrong

Just be happy he didnt post pictures.
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Jan Thu 24, 2019 6:26 pm

Phil6 wrote:Just be happy he didnt post pictures.

Me too. But then the mental images were bad enough.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FloridaRigger » Jan Sun 27, 2019 12:41 am

HEDDONFROG wrote:
FloridaRigger wrote:had twins earlier this year so traded in my 2 door Frontier for a 2018 Chevy Traverse AWD with the towing package. towed my 17ft lund to vilas county and back this summer, doesnt even feel like anything is behind me. even pulled out of a shallow sand launch no problem. highly recommend the traverse if you have a bunch of kids and need to tow an aluminum or smaller glass boat. much more family friendly than a tahoe and much cheaper than a suburban. so glad i went with it instead of a van

Congrats on the new twins Rigger. The new Traverse also has one of the most comfortable seats, especially the adjustable lower lumbar area, that I've ever sat in. It would be a consideration for this guys shitty back on that point alone. Towing cap is 5,000? or 3500?

5000lbs with the towing package. however the manual says its only 1500lbs if you dont have trailer brakes. well i dont have trailer brakes and it stops my 2000+ lb boat no problem. if you had a heavier glass boat, it's probably going to have trailer brakes.

I have the heated cloth seats and they are very nice. one of the few vehicles that you can actually get heated cloth. my wife hates leather seats for some reason.
FloridaRigger
Fishing Czar

Postby Bert & Ernie » Jan Mon 28, 2019 4:06 pm

It’s been ages since I’ve posted; figure I’ll kill two birds with one stone with this thread and the GAS thread.

- 2013 Ford Explorer Sport. Roof rack completes the unmarked cop car look. It’s a double-edge sword though. Either people get out of my way when I’m rolling up in their rear view mirror or they panic and do the speed limit so I’m stuck in the middle of this cop fearing pack.

- What’s on top you ask? A tandem Native Watercraft Utimate FX15. I bought it last fall with the intentions of taking the kiddies out more but since I converted it to solo seating I love the room when compared to my Slayer 10.

+1 to heated and A/C seats! Booo to mediocre gas mileage with the EcoBomb (pay attention to that timing chain slap upon start up guys) motor.
Bert & Ernie
Game Fish

Postby Woohoodude11 » Feb Sat 02, 2019 12:02 pm

Late to the party...but I'm in the Sedan crowd.
Image20150427_174735 by Ryan Baranowski, on Flickr

As you can see, it actually fits all my fishing gear pretty well. This is immediately after cleaning and organizing it. Needless to say it doesn't look that pretty for long :lol:
Image20180717_190415 by Ryan Baranowski, on Flickr

I'm actually looking to buy a Toyota CH-R. Not much of a size improvement and actually the same engine as the Corolla, but its a step. It'll be nice to not hafta fish (pun intended) my rods between the seats and have them stretch out to right next to me in the passenger compartment. It is great to have an excuse to not have any backseat passengers, though :lol:

Oh, and rest in Peace to my passenger side mirror. Last week, I was in a left turn lane waiting to turn and some dipshit sideswiped me and tried to run. I got him, got a report made only to find out after trying to make a claim the little prick hadn't had insurance since early 2017. See ya in court douchebag!
Lets Go Sharks!

FB|IG|Twitter|Snap @woohoodude11
Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby polishfly » Feb Tue 05, 2019 12:21 pm

2016 F150. Has some character with random electrical glitches but it keeps me safe and gets me to and from no problem! Hope to have many adventures in this rig.

20181028_115450-1~2.jpg

20181028_115537-1~2.jpg
polishfly
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Feb Tue 05, 2019 1:04 pm

Woohoodude11 wrote:I'm actually looking to buy a Toyota CH-R. Not much of a size improvement and actually the same engine as the Corolla, but its a step.

My son has a 2007 Matrix. Basically a hatchback Corolla. Almost no mileage since he lives in the city & rides his bike everywhere - even in the winter (I think he's nuts). Nobody will ever steal it - it has 3 peddles. :lol:
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Feb Mon 18, 2019 12:24 pm

Totalled my 17 Civic Friday before last and got a severe concussion. So I'm a CTA guy for the time being.

IMG_18022019_111748_(800_x_1000_pixel).jpg

...I'm Batman.....
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Feb Mon 18, 2019 6:34 pm

^^^Holy crap!! Hope you're OK.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Next

Return to General Fishing Questions and Information