What's your ride?

Fishing tips, fishing questions, fishing information, whatever... post here. Not Chicago specific.

Re: What's your ride?

Postby Bassin' Ted » Feb Mon 18, 2019 7:21 pm

Brett wrote:Totalled my 17 Civic Friday before last and got a severe concussion. So I'm a CTA guy for the time being.

IMG_18022019_111748_(800_x_1000_pixel).jpg

...I'm Batman.....

Hope you're feeling better. Those concussions are no joke. I had a very minor one a couple weeks after slipping and hitting my head and it really threw me off for a day or so. Can't imagine getting a severe one.
I love the smell of Powerbait in the morning!
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Feb Wed 27, 2019 2:20 pm

Thanks guys. Still getting better. I still need copious amounts of sleep and get confused/frustrated/headaches/lose muscle tone in my face without it, but I'm able to work and improve day to day so long as I don't push it hard. I had dropped about a half dozen cups/glasses out of my right hand but that hasn't happened for a while. Still probably buying rod leashes lol.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Scipio24 » Feb Wed 27, 2019 3:17 pm

Been a while since I've been on WCF, but nice to see everyone again. My come back post!

I either roll my Jeep Wranger or I have a 2008 Mazda 3 I've owned for 11 years. The Jeep is better in every regard except it's a little tiring to get the kayak on the top because it's so high.

Next vehicle....two door Jeep Wrangler :lol: *I like wranglers*
~Scott
Scipio24
Fishing Fanatic

Postby polishfly » Feb Wed 27, 2019 9:06 pm

Damn dude nice ride...looks like you need an off road camper...I know a guy!
polishfly
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Feb Thu 28, 2019 11:16 am

Scipio24 wrote:I either roll my Jeep Wranger or I have a 2008 Mazda 3 I've owned for 11 years. The Jeep is better in every regard except it's a little tiring to get the kayak on the top because it's so high.

It'll only get harder the older you get. :(

And face it - the Mazda has a much more comfortable ride than the Wrangler.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Grain » Mar Wed 20, 2019 2:26 pm

I drive an '04 Corolla, a hand-me-down from my wife, who received a new car.
Grain
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Woohoodude11 » Mar Wed 20, 2019 9:51 pm

Grain wrote:I drive an '04 Corolla, a hand-me-down from my wife, who received a new car.

Ahh the '04 Corolla. My 2nd of 3 Corollas. After this happened in '11 and I escaped with nothing but forearm burns from the airbag, I was compelled to buy another.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lets Go Sharks!

FB|IG|Twitter|Snap @woohoodude11
Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Bassin' Ted » Mar Thu 21, 2019 4:48 am

I love the smell of Powerbait in the morning!
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby joetrain » Mar Thu 21, 2019 5:56 am

9F58A61F-8C9E-4801-94ED-CFE5E35C23DC.png

Bought a fishing van the other day. 2017 GMC Savana cargo van. 10,000 miles. Right now it’s just a shell. I plan on at the least insulating and covering the walls and ceiling and adding carpet on the floor. I’m not sure if I’ll add anything else. Probably like outfitting a yak. Make a few trial runs to figure out what modifications to add.

The owners manual states that it can tow up to 8,900 lbs.
~JOE~
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Mar Thu 21, 2019 6:51 am

Nice one Joe! My buddy over in MI bought a 15 passenger Dodge van from a church & converted it into a 'mobile man cave'. He keeps his 12' Old Town in the back. :thumbup:
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Woohoodude11 » Mar Thu 21, 2019 6:57 am

Bassin' Ted wrote:For you Corolla guys: https://thoughtcatalog.com/callie-byrne ... t-ad-ever/

All true. I owned a '95 and had 243,000 miles on it and CHOSE to get rid of it...I didn't need to.
My '04 had 145,000 miles on it before it was brutally murdered by a left turning driver on hour number 5 of possessing a driver's license.
My '10 doesn't have a damn thing wrong with it. It had a water pump replaced while under warranty and outside of a couple of recall repairs it hasn't had anything else done to it outside of oil, tires, battery, and body work from a couple more collisions. I will never not own a Toyota.
Lets Go Sharks!

Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby polishfly » Mar Thu 21, 2019 10:12 am

Joe if you need help building out your new camper van let me know!!!
polishfly
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby joetrain » Mar Thu 21, 2019 10:26 am

^^^^^^ I sent you a pm.
~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Grain » Mar Thu 21, 2019 10:42 am

Woohoodude11 wrote:My '04 had 145,000 miles on it before it was brutally murdered by a left turning driver on hour number 5 of possessing a driver's license.
My '10 doesn't have a damn thing wrong with it. It had a water pump replaced while under warranty and outside of a couple of recall repairs it hasn't had anything else done to it outside of oil, tires, battery, and body work from a couple more collisions. I will never not own a Toyota.

I share the Corolla with a teenager, so it gets some hurt put on it - he's already clipped a Tesla and '18 CR-V :x . Quality-wise the 04' was not the best year - it is extremely demanding as far as oil-changes are concerned - I already had to deal with sludge, it has the famous leaking timing tensioner O-ring, and its EVAP issues are legendary. On the bright side, there's very little rust, even the original muffler survives.
Grain
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Phil6 » Mar Thu 21, 2019 11:03 am

joetrain wrote:Bought a fishing van the other day. 2017 GMC Savana cargo van. 10,000 miles. Right now it’s just a shell. I plan on at the least insulating and covering the walls and ceiling and adding carpet on the floor. I’m not sure if I’ll add anything else. Probably like outfitting a yak. Make a few trial runs to figure out what modifications to add.

The owners manual states that it can tow up to 8,900 lbs.
~JOE~

That is going to be an awesome project. Keep us updated!
I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news. - JM
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Woohoodude11 » Mar Thu 21, 2019 1:25 pm

Grain wrote:I share the Corolla with a teenager, so it gets some hurt put on it - he's already clipped a Tesla and '18 CR-V :x . Quality-wise the 04' was not the best year - it is extremely demanding as far as oil-changes are concerned - I already had to deal with sludge, it has the famous leaking timing tensioner O-ring, and its EVAP issues are legendary. On the bright side, there's very little rust, even the original muffler survives.

So you're sayin' It got murdered just in time :lol:
Lets Go Sharks!

Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Mar Thu 21, 2019 4:49 pm

polishfly wrote:Joe if you need help building out your new camper van let me know!!!

I have a Homey the clown stencil you guys can use to spruce up the exterior.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » Mar Thu 21, 2019 8:51 pm

joetrain wrote: I plan on at the least insulating and covering the walls and ceiling and adding carpet on the floor.
~JOE~

Leave it raw so you can just hit the inside with the garden hose to wash it clean. :D. Cigarette lighter air mattress for those long trips :wink:

That thing is a tank Joe. :thumbup: What motor?
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Grain » Mar Thu 21, 2019 11:35 pm

Woohoodude11 wrote:
Grain wrote:I share the Corolla with a teenager, so it gets some hurt put on it - he's already clipped a Tesla and '18 CR-V :x . Quality-wise the 04' was not the best year - it is extremely demanding as far as oil-changes are concerned - I already had to deal with sludge, it has the famous leaking timing tensioner O-ring, and its EVAP issues are legendary. On the bright side, there's very little rust, even the original muffler survives.

So you're sayin' It got murdered just in time :lol:

Oh, I plan to squeeze another five years out of that thing, the key is to never allow the other kid behind the wheel.
Grain
Fishing Fanatic

Postby joetrain » Mar Fri 22, 2019 3:27 am

Aux Pleins wrote:
joetrain wrote: I plan on at the least insulating and covering the walls and ceiling and adding carpet on the floor.
~JOE~

Leave it raw so you can just hit the inside with the garden hose to wash it clean. :D. Cigarette lighter air mattress for those long trips :wink:
P
That thing is a tank Joe. :thumbup: What motor?

It has the 4.8 liter V8. I drove vans and pickup trucks for years and loved all of them. The only reason I bought my car was because I got on a 2 year job that was 80 miles away and I wanted the gas mileage.

I thought about just leaving it the way it is and I probably will for now. I don’t want to rush into anything. It’s like an echo chamber in there right now so definitely will do some type of ceiling and wall insulation/covering.
~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Previous

Return to General Fishing Questions and Information