30 minutes on holy ground (waters?)

Fishing tips, fishing questions, fishing information, whatever... post here. Not Chicago specific.

30 minutes on holy ground (waters?)

Postby HEDDONFROG » Mar Fri 29, 2019 1:48 am

Jen and I are visiting her son in Huntsville AL. and took a drive Thursday to check out Chattanooga as a possible destination for our next move. Why Chattanooga? Ah, that would be it’s proximity to the current Mecca of bass fishing...The Chick! Lake Chickamuaga. Chattanooga is a decent mid size town with a thriving artsy downtown and booming suburbs, if that matters. Very hilly & scenic surroundings as well. Jen humored me for about half hour and let me make a few casts. I’ve always laughed at people who turn into babbling idiots when they meet celebrities. They’re just people after all. Well, I kinda get it now. I didn’t turn into a babbling idiot, I turned into a casting one. Must have backlashed 3 times and when I tried to parallel the rip rap shoreline with a crank, 2 of my casts went parallel...5’ up on the rocks. I also gave the lake a sacrificial MegaBass Vision to appease the spirits of the Chickamuaga people. They listened and gave me a bluegill :D

When we go back to fully reconnoiter the area, I’ll definitely spend a full day on the water with a guide
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: 30 minutes on holy ground (waters?)

Postby joetrain » Mar Fri 29, 2019 6:03 am

Before you know it you will be “ yes ma’am and y’alling“ all over the place. And by the way them fishes is called bream down that way.
~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby cletedius » Mar Fri 29, 2019 6:50 am

Sounds like a plan!
The Chattanooga area of TN is definitely neat. Several solid options, fishing-wise within a couple hours range, too. I have made the chicago/FL drive many times over the last 10yrs, & this is the only even remotely interesting part of the entire route(cheapest gas & cigs, too). Every time I drive the stretch of 24 between Monteagle & Chatt., I say to myself how I wish I had the boat connected & 4-5days to explore the area.
Tried to snap a pic as I was driving past nickajack in the fog last month
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby Rambler » Mar Fri 29, 2019 7:24 am

Next time you're there do yourself a favor & go over to Georgia & visit Cloudland Canyon State Park.

Also, check out any decent history on US Grant's operations in Chattanooga & the battle above the clouds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby urbanHog312 » Mar Fri 29, 2019 8:46 am

damn girl! :lol:

TN is my favorite state by far. i've been to nashville 3 times and the smokeys once. so i only remember 1/4 of my time spent in that state.

funny thing about the errant casts. i stepped on to the riverwalk on tuesday, ready to make my usual throws at certain spots i like. first cast - up the bridge on to the damn sidewalk. lure snapped off on a piling. didn't think id be that rusty!
gin, smoke, lies
urbanHog312
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » Mar Fri 29, 2019 9:19 am

Never heard of this lake. But have plenty of experience with holy waters and skunks in my own right.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Woohoodude11 » Mar Fri 29, 2019 10:11 am

urbanHog312 wrote:TN is my favorite state by far. i've been to nashville 3 times and the smokeys once. so i only remember 1/4 of my time spent in that state.

HAHAHAHA I know that feeling. You remember the Smokies though? All those damn moonshine distilleries out there and all lol.
Lets Go Sharks!

FB|IG|Twitter|Snap @woohoodude11
Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby HEDDONFROG » Mar Fri 29, 2019 10:52 am

joetrain wrote:Before you know it you will be “ yes ma’am and y’alling“ all over the place. And by the way them fishes is called bream down that way.
~JOE~

I’ve always said “yes Ma’am” but you will never-ever hear me say “y-all” or call a bluegill a “bream” lol

Aux Pleins wrote:Never heard of this lake. But have plenty of experience with holy waters and skunks in my own right.

Tennessee River impoundment that’s 60 miles long and has 700+ miles of shoreline and loaded with Florida/northern strain hybrid Largemouths. I’m pretty sure it’s been producing more double digit bass than all the other fabled waters combined and they like to eat at night :D the problem with the area is lack of waterfront residential development. The homes on the water are BIG $. Waterfront land prices away from Chattanooga are reasonable, so if we decided on the area we’d probably have to build
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to General Fishing Questions and Information