Reel Cleaning/Repair

Fishing tips, fishing questions, fishing information, whatever... post here. Not Chicago specific.

Reel Cleaning/Repair

Postby Phil6 » Sep Mon 30, 2019 3:52 pm

Hello all, I have a stradic ci4 that needs a looking at. Got a little sand in it during a solo overnighter on the lower wisconsin and its been sitting on the sidelines ever since. Does anyone have any recommendations? I found Daves up in Vernon hills, so far that seems like the best bet. Any experience?
I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news. - JM
Phil6
Fishing Czar

Re: Reel Cleaning/Repair

Postby Rambler » Sep Mon 30, 2019 4:24 pm

Corens on the NW side of Chicago. Best place around.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Reel Cleaning/Repair

Postby Aux Pleins » Sep Mon 30, 2019 5:44 pm

The best guy in the business is Mark from Dave's Reel Service. There is nobody who fixes more reels in the midwest. He knows everything about every reel ever made, its nuts. He already knows your reel and knows all its flaws before it comes in.

Mark is the owner, his father was Dave. Works out of his home in Vernon Hills. Call him, send him your reels. He gave a presentation at our last club meeting. Not only is he super honest, he is fucking hilarious and should double as a stand up comedian.

No matter where you send them, it will take a while. Probably a month or so. That's the business. Better now than in the spring though.

Hes got a website. http://www.davesreelservice.com
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Return to General Fishing Questions and Information