Amazon Fishing Lures?

Fishing tips, fishing questions, fishing information, whatever... post here. Not Chicago specific.

Amazon Fishing Lures?

Postby philkol123 » Oct Wed 16, 2019 1:10 pm

Currently doing some shopping for my next couple trips to local waters and also my trip to Jamaica next month. The amount of fishing lures that can be found on Amazon is pretty immense, only downfall is not all of them have a ton of reviews. Have any of you bought some really good lures on Amazon? In contrast any really bad ones? Below are two lures I just ordered one for a future smallie trip in waters with a ton of snags (hence the cheap blade baits) and a cuda tube for barracuda in Jamaica.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
philkol123
Minnow

Re: Amazon Fishing Lures?

Postby Rambler » Oct Wed 16, 2019 1:37 pm

Have you looked for similar lures on eBay?

Also, kudos on your use of the word ' hence'.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby philkol123 » Oct Wed 16, 2019 2:38 pm

Rambler wrote:Have you looked for similar lures on eBay?

Also, kudos on your use of the word ' hence'.

I have not. I didn't even think of that. When the blade baits arrive I'll test them out in some close by water and I'm sure the cuda tube will work just fine.
philkol123
Minnow

Postby Woohoodude11 » Oct Thu 17, 2019 7:30 am

The 'Cuda tubes are pretty failsafe no matter what you pay for em. Hell, you can probably make em yourself for a tenth of what you paid for that one lol. The blade baits will be fine, too.

I got some bootleg Whopper Ploppers a couple seasons ago from there. I wanna say their name brand is "All Blue"? They catch fish.
Lets Go Sharks!

FB|IG|Twitter|Snap @woohoodude11
Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby philkol123 » Oct Thu 17, 2019 7:40 am

Woohoodude11 wrote:The 'Cuda tubes are pretty failsafe no matter what you pay for em. Hell, you can probably make em yourself for a tenth of what you paid for that one lol. The blade baits will be fine, too.

I got some bootleg Whopper Ploppers a couple seasons ago from there. I wanna say their name brand is "All Blue"? They catch fish.

I saw those bootleg Whopper Ploppers and I was so tempted lol. It's like $20 for 6 of em.
philkol123
Minnow

Postby Woohoodude11 » Oct Thu 17, 2019 7:46 am

philkol123 wrote:
Woohoodude11 wrote:The 'Cuda tubes are pretty failsafe no matter what you pay for em. Hell, you can probably make em yourself for a tenth of what you paid for that one lol. The blade baits will be fine, too.

I saw those bootleg Whopper Ploppers and I was so tempted lol. It's like $20 for 6 of em.

Yup and like I said, they catch fish. The only suggestion I'd make on em is to upgrade their hooks. The stock ones are thin wire hooks. A thicker, heavier hook helps to keep em from doing that annoying Whopper Plopper bodyroll, too. Even after replacing the hooks, you're coming in well ahead of the $13/each price of a real R2S plopper. Hell, go with some JDM hooks haha.

Another fun place to look is Ali Express. You can find stuff for pennies on there. Problem is, some of it comes in like 3 days some in closer to 3 months. Pay super close attention to sizes, too. I ordered some flukes and they turned out to be about 1.5" long lmao.
Lets Go Sharks!

FB|IG|Twitter|Snap @woohoodude11
Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Grain » Oct Thu 17, 2019 8:53 am

These are Chinese lures. They are generally ok, but sometimes have weird colors and wrong size hooks. The same stuff can be had from Ali for 2-3 times less.

Re: knock-off whopper ploppers - I have a few bought in the past seasons. They do catch fish, but the shape action are not the quite same and the color schemes do not copy that of R2S. Howevah! I ordered one about a month ago, and it looks like they made new molds and are making a much better looking copies. I'll try to post some pics later today.
Grain
Game Fish

Postby Skifish1 » Oct Thu 17, 2019 7:21 pm

Most of those dirt cheap Chinese lures are garbage easy break and terrible hooks. Occasional half decent I've gotten on Wish website found some decent jerkbaits. For cheap buy Berkley they have adequate quality and low price. Their whopper popper is okay works fine but a little light. R2S sits a little lower and has has more enticing plop though. Those flashy chinese lures where you get like 6 dirt cheap if you're avid fisherman I would recommend them lost fish and broken lures.
Skifish1
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to General Fishing Questions and Information