Death at Three Oaks? Murder?

Fishing tips, fishing questions, fishing information, whatever... post here. Not Chicago specific.

Death at Three Oaks? Murder?

Postby Phil6 » Mar Wed 18, 2020 8:53 am

I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news. - JM
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Death at Three Oaks? Murder?

Postby ShootMathews » Mar Wed 18, 2020 9:31 am

Heard about it and I’m following.. not to much info on it at this time
ShootMathews
Minnow

Postby Phil6 » Mar Wed 18, 2020 11:19 am

^This new guy has a suspicious name :problem:
I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news. - JM
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Mar Wed 18, 2020 12:24 pm

No need to worry. Just another homeless on homeless robbery crime. I can't figure what of value the homeless victim had to offer other than his organs. :shock: Probably why the one perp was covered in blood. :sick:

2.jpg

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020 ... st-highway

This does have me rethinking one of my fishing spots where I was stopped in the woods by a homeless guy in January. He wanted to know if I was a surveyor coming to make plans to level their little hidden village. (I think Waterguy knows the spot if he's reading this) He was college educated with a masters degree and we had an interesting talk for about 45 minutes. Re-analyzing the conversation, there was an underlying theme of violence. He's currently homeless and booted from home with a "bogus" restraining order for domestic violence. Another story intermingled with the rest was a firing from a job over threats to a co-worker. More firings over political disagreements at his jobs. And lastly, his record he can't get cleared for an "explosives issue" back when he was in college. Other than that it was an interesting philosophical conversation. I learned a lot about the homeless community and their interactions with each other. Yes it is true most have alcohol and/or drug problems.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby DasGoby » Mar Wed 18, 2020 12:38 pm

Last year, a dead body was found in a stretch of the huron rive we sometimes fish in Ypsilanti Michigan. I think they determined that the person overdosed. It is a strange area that is a mix of 'rough part of town' with campus area near EMU. I never felt 100% comfortable fishing there but it has some nice aspects. In any case, there are plenty of other stretches to choose from and we haven't been back since.
DasGoby
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby ShootMathews » Mar Wed 18, 2020 3:44 pm

Phil6 wrote:^This new guy has a suspicious name :problem:

Rest assured my friend it wasn’t me! Mathews is a archery brand...
ShootMathews
Minnow

Postby Busse Jim » Mar Wed 18, 2020 6:45 pm

ShootMathews wrote:

Rest assured my friend it wasn’t me! Mathews is a archery brand...

Hey NOW, They haven’t said the manner of death yet,or the name, "Archer." :lol: j/k.

"Body found in lake"," acquaintance found covered in what appeared to be blood", good chance it wasn’t an accident or suicide.

Not rare in our local woods. Busse had a body dumped in the woods at the closed entrance, at the south east Higgins rd. entrance (across from the Elks pen), in winter in the early 2000s.(must not have realize the entrance was closed for the winter, or it might not have been found) Heard it was a gang member murder, never solved (looks like this one will be).

Welcome to the site.
Busse Jim
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby HEDDONFROG » Mar Thu 19, 2020 12:38 am

Fucking Phil. You see Vman beat you to the punch on grains thread? Lol
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Fishy Bitch » Mar Fri 20, 2020 10:41 am

I find used needles all the time in CCFP and some of them are way off the beaten path. They love hiding them on the north side of Saganashkee under the tree roots that have been stripped of soil from erosion.
Fishy Bitch
Pan Fish

Postby Rambler » Mar Sat 21, 2020 10:17 am

Reminds me (have I told this one before?) of the time back in the '70s when my GF (now wife) & I went out to Skokie Lagoons for a hike. When we got to our preferred spot it was blocked off & there were all sorts of cops around.

We walked around to the far side of the lagoon & watched them pulling 2 -3 big green garbage bags out of the water. They would open them up, look inside and close them again.

That evening on the news they reported how a dismembered body had been found floating in the lagoons. Don't remember if anyone was singing, "Don't wrap it, bag it in baggies...". :lol:
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » Mar Sat 21, 2020 12:33 pm

I bet they killed him over the last roll of toilet paper...
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby coyote » Mar Sat 21, 2020 1:29 pm

There is a small community that lives in a small patch of Woods on West Shoreline
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to General Fishing Questions and Information