IL Shelter in Place starts tomorrow

Fishing tips, fishing questions, fishing information, whatever... post here. Not Chicago specific.

Re: IL Shelter in Place starts tomorrow

Postby oldsalt » Mar Sun 22, 2020 12:38 pm

Fishing at big bend. Lot lizards are out
oldsalt
Fishing Czar

Postby Grain » Mar Sun 22, 2020 1:00 pm

minstrel wrote:*tries to steer the thread back in* :wink:

So any word/evidence for us being able to fish the Forest Preserves?

Drove by a Lake County preserve this morning. Gates were open and there were parked cars. Too cold to be out for my taste though.
Grain
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Rambler » Mar Sun 22, 2020 1:24 pm

DuPage Cty website says their FPs are open. Thinking of practicing some social distancing out there on Wed.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » Mar Sun 22, 2020 4:41 pm

oldsalt wrote:Fishing at big bend. Lot lizards are out

Say what?? As in "working girls" ? :D
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby polishfly » Mar Sun 22, 2020 5:01 pm

I went by penny road pond for a bit and it was open, plenty of cars maybe even more than normal, people loaded up some toddlers in backpacks and strolled off into the woods in the mid 30* temps so it appears business as usual? PRP is a Cook County forest preserve.
polishfly
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Wolfnight » Mar Tue 24, 2020 12:29 pm

All of my FPCC lakes have remained open and the fishing has been brilliant the past week. Water temps rising nicely, color coming back into waters and fishing moving around which is a good sign. Very few people out which helps to comply with the social distancing rules. Bass, crappie, bluegill and even some cats which is unusual as they tend to start feeding in warmer weather.

On the virus read this. British/American/Israeli biophysicist and Nobel Laureate. I believe him. Common sense at last. Focus on the ship remark.
https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE/Is ... ing-621145
Testing, screening, selective confinement and treatment of identified cases along with social distancing seems more sensible than total lock-downs.

On hydroxychloroquine read this. NYC now using it. It cannot be anecdotal.
https://www.voanews.com/science-health/ ... -19-battle.

I am now off the grid. Fishing and helping out at my local Menards packing boxes of supplies for retirement homes and the elderly as selfish people (idiots) have taken all the toilet rolls and other supplies. Please check on any elderly neighbors if you can. How stupid can people be. Hopefully this will end soon.

Au revoir.
Wolfie
Wolfnight
Pan Fish

Postby minstrel » Mar Tue 24, 2020 2:49 pm

Oddly enough, out at Busse everything remains open and accessible save for the far parking lot (the one on Higgins is open and packed with cars) for the North/South Pond Dam parking. I have no idea why. :roll:

People are just walking in from either side as there were about 8-10 people fishing the area when I was out Monday. A bit of an inconvenience, but oh well.

As for fishing I saw a guy catch like 3 bad on what I believe was a white swimjig, possibly bladed jig? So thing are beginning to stir! 8)
minstrel
Fishing Czar

Postby Fishy Bitch » Mar Tue 24, 2020 3:20 pm

[quote][/quote]
On hydroxychloroquine read this. NYC now using it. It cannot be anecdotal.

It is also an ingredient in aquarium tank cleaner, don't get brave and take it like the 2 idiots in the news, whoops, 1...the other is dead.
Fishy Bitch
Pan Fish

Postby RonG » Mar Tue 24, 2020 3:33 pm

Fishy Bitch wrote:It is also an ingredient in aquarium tank cleaner, don't get brave and take it like the 2 idiots in the news, whoops, 1...the other is dead.

Yep, the chloroquine phosphate ingredient in pool cleaner ≠ a hydrochloroquine prescription. :shock:

Chloro Sin.JPG

Geez, that only took me 20 seconds to pull up online. That's just the warnings for the non-USP chloroquine phosphate. Not for the rest of the chemicals in her jug of pool cleaner. I'm sure it also said to remove her koi while using the treatment. Even in death, you can't miss the agenda.

Dumb Woman wrote:“We saw Trump on TV — every channel — and all of his buddies and that this was safe. Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure.” After being asked what her message was to the American public she said, “Oh my God, don’t take anything. Don’t believe anything that the president says and his people … call your doctor.”

“Please educate the people,” she added, according to audio of the conversation that Hillyard posted to Twitter. “It feels like, like my heart is broken and it’ll never mend. It’s just broke, dead. Like my husband. My husband is 68. We’re healthy. No underlying — no diabetes or lung issues. Nothing.”

"My husband is 68. We’re healthy. No underlying — no diabetes or lung issues. Nothing.” Hey dummy, your husband is not healthy, and it wasn't the COVID or the president that killed him. It was you.

A few out there are drinking diluted bleach. :sick: The whole colloidal silver thing sounds risky too. Jim Bakker and Alex Jones can cram their "cures." Mark my words in advance, the blood injections for antibodies from "recovered" COVIDians is not a good idea. They're not your antibodies--they are someone elses. Remember Pope, the dope. The bullet didn't kill him, but he almost died from the dirty blood he took after the assassination attempt. :idea:

The news is very deceptive too. They talk about this dumb couple who drank aquarium cleaner compound, yet they show pictures of packs of the Rx pills in their articles.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby FishinMatt » Mar Tue 24, 2020 5:14 pm

It made some nice headlines today for the uneducated.
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby Rambler » Mar Wed 25, 2020 9:25 am

Fishy Bitch wrote:It is also an ingredient in aquarium tank cleaner, don't get brave and take it like the 2 idiots in the news, whoops, 1...the other is dead.

Just how stupid do you have to be to a) Listen to anything the complete moron in the White House says and b) Ingest something that is clearly labeled 'Not for human consumption'.

In 1993 Newsweek celebrated 50 years of publishing by having a different famous writer write a review for each of the decades in its history. When they got to the 90s they selected Dave Barry (who else) even though the decade was only 3 years old. His piece entitled, The Interactive Salad Bar went into detail about the 90s and especially about the 'Information Superhighway'. He summed it up by saying (and I paraphrase), "Although the information superhighway was great at moving vast amounts of information around at amazing speeds it turned out that since people were the source, 98% of the information was wrong".

The level of common sense shown by our fellow Americans has been dropping for all my 70 years. If we began imprisoning people for abject stupidity the prisons would be totally overflowing - even more than already. Anyone who believes what they read on the internet or hears from a talking head without doing more research should get a mandatory 5 years in the clink.

Oops - time for my meds. :shock:
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Grain » Mar Thu 26, 2020 7:20 pm

So, I hear Lightweight declared lakefront off limits?
Grain
Fishing Fanatic

Postby RonG » Mar Thu 26, 2020 7:34 pm

The lakefront is closed. 'Not sure what all the exercisers and fitness folks are going to do with themselves.

If I lived in Chicago, I would be happy to lock myself indoors after this zombie sighting today.

RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby catchafew » Mar Fri 27, 2020 12:36 am

^^^ I think this is the first time I saw a picture of Chicago's new mayor, was she an extra in the movie 'Quest for Fire'?
catchafew
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FishinMatt » Mar Fri 27, 2020 7:24 am

She is something else. And I really mean SOMETHING else.......
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby polishfly » Mar Fri 27, 2020 8:21 am

Any word on our forest preserves? Still open?
polishfly
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby mack » Mar Fri 27, 2020 8:41 am

polishfly wrote:Any word on our forest preserves? Still open?

The parking lot (5000 W) at Rock Creek is closed. Early trout has been postponed. My guess the spring trout will be shutdown as well. They just closed all golf courses....stay safe
mack
Game Fish

Postby Rambler » Mar Fri 27, 2020 9:14 am

A.O. Yesterday CCFP lots are open. DuPage lots were open on Wed.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Grain » Mar Fri 27, 2020 10:22 am

They said on the news last night that FP's are not being closed for now, but I suspect that if they start getting crowded they will close them as well.
Grain
Fishing Fanatic

Postby polishfly » Mar Fri 27, 2020 11:19 am

Grain wrote:

They said on the news last night that FP's are not being closed for now, but I suspect that if they start getting crowded they will close them as well.

Yep, our outlets are slowly being squeezed out and everyone is searching for any outdoors refuge possible. I have found it tough to maintain social distance on my neighborhood runs with the amount of people on the paths and sidewalks...choosing between the evil of getting hit by a car vs getting coughed on by a Coronial...
polishfly
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Grain » Mar Fri 27, 2020 2:24 pm

polishfly wrote:
Grain wrote:

Yep, our outlets are slowly being squeezed out and everyone is searching for any outdoors refuge possible. I have found it tough to maintain social distance on my neighborhood runs with the amount of people on the paths and sidewalks...choosing between the evil of getting hit by a car vs getting coughed on by a Coronial...

Just you wait another week, until we starting hitting mid-50's reliably.
Grain
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Fishy Bitch » Mar Fri 27, 2020 3:09 pm

Just you wait another week, until we starting hitting mid-50's reliably.

Looks like it will be a few weeks, the local forskin is showing 40's thru next week.
Fishy Bitch
Pan Fish

Postby minstrel » Mar Fri 27, 2020 5:19 pm

It was crayyyyzeeeee at Busse on Wednesday when the weather was nice. People were just pouring down the path over the Salt Creek dam there which is usually not the most popular of walking spots. Never seen anything like it. I almost didn't get a parking space in a place where there is usually like 3 cars in the whole parking circle.
minstrel
Fishing Czar

Previous

Return to General Fishing Questions and Information