Huge winter crappie! Crashed drone! New friend?

The Northshore Channel, The Cal/Sag, the entire Chicago River system is loaded with fish... GAME FISH! Discover this great fisherie in Chicago's backyard.

Huge winter crappie! Crashed drone! New friend?

Postby GEO » Jan Sun 31, 2021 7:14 pm

This one had so many mixed emotions but in the end happiness prevailed !

Have a great rest of your day
I hope you enjoy, This one took several hours to get pushed out.

TikTok @geo.fishing
Instagram @geofishing
YouTube Geo Fishing

Happy Fishing

<{{><
Active Internet Troll Collector.

<GEO((><
GEO
Pan Fish

Re: Huge winter crappie! Crashed drone! New friend?

Postby joetrain » Feb Mon 01, 2021 5:47 am

Dang. Drone in the drink. I like your videos. No juvenile screaming when you catch a fish and the music is easy to listen too. I don’t know anything about how drones work. How did you get the video footage from it if it’s at the bottom of the river?

You were on them pretty good and your partner caught some good ones too.

I know people get out of sorts if fishing locations are shared but in Chicago it’s not like Howard and McCormick are hard to find. This past summer I was cleaning up on the panfish in a local body of water using my 3 way rig. I told just about everyone I encountered on the water about it. Never once did I see anyone using it or fishing in the spots I shared.

~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Feb Mon 01, 2021 10:22 am

Love your vids. Got a dumb question - what camera do you use? GoPro? If so, what model. I'm thinking of getting one. Is a waterproof case necessary for the underwater shots?

Thanks.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Aux Pleins » Feb Tue 02, 2021 4:25 am

Just popping in to say hello. I'll check this video out while at work of course. :lol:
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby ohoffm » Feb Tue 02, 2021 7:53 pm

Nice video Geo. The drone "died a hero" and got some great footage right before it went down.
The easiest way is rarely the best way
ohoffm
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Busse Jim » Feb Wed 03, 2021 11:51 pm

Geo, love to see your reports, Miss the longer, more readable ones though, tend to fast forward to the good parts of the vids. (not a fan of fishing videos, But you give me underwater shots, and now above water views 8) )
You can catch any fish, anywhere, anytime, on any lure, and on any rod and reel (carp on a kids reel), year round.
Those are some impressive winter Crappies! :thumbup:
Sorry bout the drone but till you can cast, and land a fish from it, its just a distraction from fishin :wink:
I'd have tied on a treble hooked crank and plowed the water till i snagged it, or till it got dark :)
Busse Jim
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby GEO » Feb Mon 08, 2021 2:14 pm

joetrain wrote:Dang. Drone in the drink. I like your videos. No juvenile screaming when you catch a fish and the music is easy to listen too. I don’t know anything about how drones work. How did you get the video footage from it if it’s at the bottom of the river?

You were on them pretty good and your partner caught some good ones too.

I know people get out of sorts if fishing locations are shared but in Chicago it’s not like Howard and McCormick are hard to find. This past summer I was cleaning up on the panfish in a local body of water using my 3 way rig. I told just about everyone I encountered on the water about it. Never once did I see anyone using it or fishing in the spots I shared.

~JOE~

That’s right since google earth There really aren’t many secret spots out there :) I was able to get the drone footage because it connects to my cell phone via WiFi and an app. Through my cellphone while I’m flying I can see what the drone sees as it is saving to my phone. Thanks for the kind words

Rambler wrote:Love your vids. Got a dumb question - what camera do you use? GoPro? If so, what model. I'm thinking of getting one. Is a waterproof case necessary for the underwater shots?

Thanks.

The under water shots are mostly with my goprohero 3plus I also have a goprohero 8 but if I were to buy a new one I’d get a few GoPro 7 or just one GoPro 7 it’s not that far behind tech wise. I also use my iPhone 7 a lot and edit and put all my videos out through my cell phone which is essentially my computer.

Aux Pleins wrote:Just popping in to say hello. I'll check this video out while at work of course. :lol:

Would love to get you in on one with for this year. There’s a huge push of young anglers out there now a surge! We need to let em know and document a true of on that River. I mean you introduced me to kayaking there bro!

ohoffm wrote:Nice video Geo. The drone "died a hero" and got some great footage right before it went down.

Thank you sir! That it did. It didn’t hurt as much knowing I had the footage of a child hood hole.

Busse Jim wrote:Geo, love to see your reports, Miss the longer, more readable ones though, tend to fast forward to the good parts of the vids. (not a fan of fishing videos, But you give me underwater shots, and now above water views 8) )
You can catch any fish, anywhere, anytime, on any lure, and on any rod and reel (carp on a kids reel), year round.
Those are some impressive winter Crappies! :thumbup:
Sorry bout the drone but till you can cast, and land a fish from it, its just a distraction from fishin :wink:
I'd have tied on a treble hooked crank and plowed the water till i snagged it, or till it got dark :)

I’m learning to manage my time better. I’ve had a hell of a lot of stress the last few years working two jobs and trying to make things work. Now I have one, but financially still am the only provider. A balance of having enough money to get by and happiness to let the mind be free spend time with my two kids and balance my fishing lifestyle into the mix. Is what I slowly began to grasp after almost losing myself mentally just chasing money. I myself truly miss being able to sit and read through a well written report, I await the time I can allow that into my schedule again. For now things are slowly coming around full circle. This blessing of life we all have and need to learn to enjoy. It’s not as short as many make out. In fact it’s the longest thing any one of us will ever experience. And though that I look to establish my artsy and creative side and bring back the time I did things for fun. I don’t need to get paid to something when I’m having so much fun enjoying it. Chasing money all the time led me to a place where I wouldn’t do anything without it benefiting me. That’s not a place no one should be.

It would be an honor to showcase you and document your experience on busse lake this year jim. It would most entirely be filming of you, You benefited so many of us over the years. To have it set in video for many people to see in the coming years would be so grand

Thank you
Active Internet Troll Collector.

<GEO((><
GEO
Pan Fish

Postby Rambler » Feb Tue 09, 2021 9:48 am

Thanks for the info!
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Rex Rgis Piscator

Return to Chicago River