River by Lane Tech

The Northshore Channel, The Cal/Sag, the entire Chicago River system is loaded with fish... GAME FISH! Discover this great fisherie in Chicago's backyard.

River by Lane Tech

Postby coachkwj » Nov Sat 08, 2014 3:27 pm

Anyone fish the river by Lane Tech? Helped my daughter move in that area and saw a bunch of people fishing off a pier on the way there. When we got done, I stopped with my son and walked out on the pier. All the peple were gone but there were 2 guys on the other side. Looked like they were bottom fishing. Looks like a good area. Rocks, trees, etc.
Was wondering if it would be worth a shot for bass, panfish, cats. Any of you guys try that area?
Thanks.
Life is too short. Laugh more and definitely fish more!
coachkwj
Game Fish

Re: River by Lane Tech

Postby urbanangler » Nov Sun 09, 2014 4:04 am

i've recently tried fishing that area and got skunked twice. fished from the boat launch and under the addison bridge. i had luck there many years ago with bass, cats, and white bass, but i think the comed warm water discharge was up and running back then.
there's a big plan underway to build a riverwalk under the bridge, hopefully they create some structure that attracts more fish.
maybe geo has some tips...
urbanangler
Game Fish

Postby coachkwj » Nov Sun 09, 2014 11:31 am

Where is there a boat launch? Too bad that discharge is not working. That would definitely attract fish. What were you fishing for recently?
coachkwj
Game Fish

Postby Aux Pleins » Nov Sun 09, 2014 6:33 pm

Theres a nice new launch back there on Rockwell/Roscoe. (East side of the river) They're doing some construction right now with the new playing fields for CPS so parking is a little messed up but usually it's a good place to park.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby coachkwj » Nov Sun 09, 2014 7:35 pm

We went as far as the Canoe and Kayak club or whatever that small building is. That was the only place to park. There's a small lot and a nice pier there but didn't see a boat launch, or anywhere to park with a trailer. Checked google maps and satellite and there is no boat launch shown between Addison and Belmont unless it's brand new and not mapped yet. We walked along the trail a bit each way also. Some good looking water.
coachkwj
Game Fish

Postby Aux Pleins » Nov Mon 10, 2014 5:30 am

I think the docks they put in between Addison and Belmont are for launching kayaks and canoes only. I don't think there's an actual ramp for regular boats.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby urbanangler » Nov Mon 10, 2014 4:18 pm

coachkwj wrote:Where is there a boat launch? Too bad that discharge is not working. That would definitely attract fish. What were you fishing for recently?

i was bouncing small tube jigs on the bottom and tried a hair jig under a float, but no bites on either. mainly fishing for bass or crappie, but anything from the river there would be fun as it's only a few blocks from home.
next time out i'll try tossing a jig around some of the fallen trees or a drop shot worm under the addison bridge. like you said, there's some good looking water there, i just can't find the fish yet.

Aux Pleins wrote:I think the docks they put in between Addison and Belmont are for launching kayaks and canoes only. I don't think there's an actual ramp for regular boats.

pretty sure only kayaks and canoes or whatever you can carry in. parking has been pretty good on rockwell.
urbanangler
Game Fish

Postby coachkwj » Nov Tue 11, 2014 7:35 pm

Keep us posted on your adventures UA.
coachkwj
Game Fish

Postby DamianD » May Sat 23, 2015 6:24 pm

I actually have night fished the area by lane tech and caught cats. thats about it
DamianD
Minnow

Return to Chicago River