Chicago River pH Level Question

The Northshore Channel, The Cal/Sag, the entire Chicago River system is loaded with fish... GAME FISH! Discover this great fisherie in Chicago's backyard.

Chicago River pH Level Question

Postby NAmati » Oct Fri 02, 2015 10:14 am

My team and I are conducting an experiment at the Chicago River for school. We are testing the ph levels in the river, and its effects on our drinking water. We would greatly someone who is studying the pH levels of the river to tell us their studies on the levels and its effects on our drinking water. Thank you for any help.
NAmati

Re: Chicago River pH Level Question

Postby JL3 » Oct Fri 02, 2015 10:15 am

So you're doing a study for school, and you want someone else to do all your work and give you all the answers?

Grim.
JL3
Game Fish

Postby Zenfish » Oct Fri 02, 2015 10:21 am

:D That's some brazen high profile plagiarism. To be fair though, I think dude might be asking for any historical data so he can do trending against his current findings. I say that because it's Friday and I'm pumped to go on the water tomorrow and am in a generous mood.
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. -John Buchan
Zenfish
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Oct Fri 02, 2015 11:49 am

NAmati wrote:My team and I are conducting an experiment at the Chicago River for school. We are testing the ph levels in the river, and its effects on our drinking water. We would greatly someone who is studying the pH levels of the river to tell us their studies on the levels and its effects on our drinking water. Thank you for any help.

Is this for real?

pH will vary depending on where it it taken and what day of the week it is and when it last rained. It would easily be adjusted at a filtration plant if it was off.

Who's drinking Chicago river water? :crazy:

Unless it's some little place up north, I'm not aware of any place pumping out Chicago River water for consumption. I know of one guy on this website that really, really wants the Chicago River to pumped into Lake Michigan right there downtown, right there by Oprah's condo, so that we all get to filter Chicago River water with our kidneys and livers.
RonG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby joetrain » Oct Fri 02, 2015 2:28 pm

I fish this river and have to say it is cleaner than in years past but I still won't put my hands near my face while fishing there. Once on one of my downtown carping excursions 3 teenage boys came and asked me how was the fishing then they walked about 50 feet away and all 3 of them jumped in. Idiots. ~JOE~
A Dio sia la gloria
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby DasGoby » Oct Fri 02, 2015 2:33 pm

Who's drinking Chicago river water? :crazy:

Yeah seriously, did his teacher approve this project? The obvious answer is no effect because our drinking water doesn't come from the river, it comes from Lake Michigan and the river no longer flows into Lake Michigan.

I wonder though what the first down steam location in the water way that does take water that in part comes from Chicago.
DasGoby
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Chicago River