The end of the spillway

The Northshore Channel, The Cal/Sag, the entire Chicago River system is loaded with fish... GAME FISH! Discover this great fisherie in Chicago's backyard.

The end of the spillway

Postby Brandon » Aug Wed 01, 2018 9:32 am

"I am a law only for my kind, I am no law for all." -Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Brandon
Fishing Czar

Re: The end of the spillway

Postby HEDDONFROG » Aug Wed 01, 2018 9:39 am

Good stuff
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Aug Wed 01, 2018 10:47 am

I hate dams but gotta say I'll miss that one. Lots of memories from my youth.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Woohoodude11 » Aug Wed 01, 2018 12:21 pm

So smallies in the DPR!? Well, the north end haha.
Lets Go Sharks!

FB|IG|Twitter|Snap @woohoodude11
Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby matt_ski » Aug Wed 01, 2018 1:18 pm

Thats awesome.
matt_ski
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Aux Pleins » Aug Wed 01, 2018 1:50 pm

There are pictures of when they built that dam around the turn of century. In the background there isn't a building, just prairie. 100 years later it's one of the most populated and diverse neighborhoods in the entire world.

Lotta crappie to had around that confluence. All the 12 inch bass your heart desires as well.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Brandon » Aug Wed 01, 2018 10:43 pm

When I first got back into fishing as an adult about 11 years ago, I honed my bass and crappie skills at this spot. Tons of channel cats, carp and sucker carp as well. I had just moved to Chicago from downstate and got the urge to revisit fishing. I figured I’d have to drive an hour out to find anywhere to fish. That’s when I found this site and realized I had a great spot a block from my apartment.

It makes me a bit sad to see it go the way it was. That spot and this site are largely responsible for my reclaimed love of fishing. Tons of good memories there and even met several friends there that I still am in touch with today. I sure hope the fishing isn’t impacted negatively.
"I am a law only for my kind, I am no law for all." -Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Brandon
Fishing Czar

Postby GEO » Nov Sun 04, 2018 6:59 pm

My grandfather took me to this location from the age of four to about 17 consistently. All I really knew, One thing I do know is. I’m excited for this change. Both salmon and carp have been trying to jump that dam forever! With No success let me add!! These new changes from downtown, to river park, to Horner park all locations I’ve frequented over my life. All more reasons to adapt. Foster will always thrive, the widening of the channel, flats etc. but ashamed of what the east bank has become. This river is just a passage way from other water ways. In 1998 I started posting on sites like this about this specific River. The dis belief is what pushed me to become what little I am today. :) but everyday we strive to be better. Welcome this change for the upper north branch / Skokie river :) And holy hell will the Skokie lagoon main dam become the holy grounds for massive Chicago River common carp. :)
Active Internet Troll Collector.

<GEO((><
GEO
Pan Fish

Return to Chicago River