L1 and I hit ice V2

Don't cast away! Get the latest tip-ups on fishing the hard water.

L1 and I hit ice V2

Postby BrookfieldAngler » Jan Sun 01, 2017 7:07 pm

We hit it again this afternoon when L2 (2nd son) and L3 (3rd son) were down for their afternoon nap. The new auger came yesterday so we were both kinda eager to drill some fresh holes instead of popping open some that were introduced by others

We started in the same area as the other day but weren't really finding a ton of activity. With the win being much brighter than the other day, I moved a bit deeper. After popping a few holes, I finally found a small drop with lots of activity on the flasher

I dropped a new tungsten jig down the hole and popped a small Gill before it even hit the bottom. Then L1 took over. After a few decent gills, I was drilling a few feet away when I saw him set the hook and double the rod over.

I knew it was bigger than the gills we'd been hitting so rushed over to pull the ducer out of the hole and coach him through the fight.

About a minute later, he had his first ice bass!

IMG_6915.JPG

We stayed for another twenty minutes and continued our assault on the gills. No more bass found their way through the hole.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nick - BrookFieldAngler.com
Hobie Fishing Team · LucidFishing · Biovex · StankX · Quest Watersports · Railblaza
BrookfieldAngler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Ice Fishing