Bait shop?

Don't cast away! Get the latest tip-ups on fishing the hard water.

Bait shop?

Postby ChiTown_kayaking » Jan Thu 05, 2017 12:31 am

Does anyone know of a bait shop or somewhere we could pick up bait around eagle lake Wisconsin? I know its last min but me and a friend are heading out tomorrow and we have never ice fished here before so i have no clue where i can pick up bait. Thanks in advance, hope to have something to post tomorrow night.
ChiTown_kayaking
Minnow

Re: Bait shop?

Postby RonG » Jan Thu 05, 2017 12:58 am

ChiTown_kayaking wrote:Does anyone know of a bait shop or somewhere we could pick up bait around eagle lake Wisconsin? I know its last min but me and a friend are heading out tomorrow and we have never ice fished here before so i have no clue where i can pick up bait. Thanks in advance, hope to have something to post tomorrow night.

I've driven through about a million times. I don't know any place in particular, but there are numerous bait shops just on the main highways in town. Many of the gas stations up there have bait, some with minnows too. I hope you have a shelter. Looking at the Chicago forecast and assuming it'll be colder as you head north, your will freeze you butts off without one.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby coyote » Jan Thu 05, 2017 6:16 am

bait shop at the gas station on route 75 about a mile or 2 before you get to lake its on northwest corner mite be 75 and 11 cant remeber believe it has minnows etc etc be very care ful i know a atv went trhu 2 days ago
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby coyote » Jan Thu 05, 2017 6:21 am

Also a bait shop just across the street from Browns Lake on route 11 wich is about 10 minutes from Eagle lake if you are coming from the north i think there is one in Paddock Lake on route 50 not reasl sure if this one is there any more the other 2 i mentioned were open last summer ...fall
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby coyote » Jan Thu 05, 2017 7:46 am

Meinens bait shop across from launch at browns lake on route 11
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby big jay » Jan Thu 05, 2017 7:51 pm

Paddock lake sports on HY 50 about 1-2 miles east of rt 83. Good luck be safe camp lake still has open water as of this afternoon I'm not sure what the condition of eagle is.
big jay
Game Fish

Postby ChiTown_kayaking » Jan Sat 07, 2017 1:09 pm

Thanks guys ill keep these places in mind. Unfortunately my friend who was suppose to go with me bailed last min, so we never made it out there. Hopefully this friday we make it out there. Thanks for all the info though!!
ChiTown_kayaking
Minnow

Postby ChiTown_kayaking » Jan Wed 11, 2017 11:14 pm

You guys think there is safe ice up there to make the 1.5 hr trip to eagle lake. I went on lake link and they said north side was 12" on the jan 9th. But the south side was full of holes and sketchy ice, is that even possible? Still want to try and make it out there Friday, but I don't want to waste the gas or time to find out I can't. If anyone has any info it will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Robert .S
ChiTown_kayaking
Minnow

Postby coyote » Jan Thu 12, 2017 5:51 am

I try to read all reports on Lake link regarding Southeast Wisco. Sure sounds like some safe ice , but also some folks have gone in also. I dont ice fish so i am no expert. There are other Lakes that are pretty darn good too if Eagle dont work.
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Ice Fishing