Philcapades on ice 02-10

Don't cast away! Get the latest tip-ups on fishing the hard water.

Philcapades on ice 02-10

Postby HEDDONFROG » Feb Tue 12, 2019 3:31 am

Phil asked if I was going to post our ice outing on Sunday and the first thought was “wtf you talking about? You caught all the damn fish, you do it” but it came out as “yeah I’ll do it later tonight unless you’d like to post it” haha. So yeah, Urbanhog, Phil, myself and even my cousin got out for what ended up being a pretty nice day. Even when the snow started to fly it was cool. Great to finally meet Urb in person. He really isn’t the ass you’d think he’d be ;) Naw just kiddin’ he’s yet another example of the fine people regular WCF’rs are.

So fishing was great...for Phil. Urban did catch a couple, my cousin landed one, possibly two I think and I had 8 to 10 hook ups. Figured I was going to release them anyways, why not just pop em off at the edge of the hole, ahem. My cousin always wants to go to the same portion of the lake that’s good during most of the year but is a bitch to locate fish under ice. I did not want to start there so I talked him into trying out where I located open water fish on December 28th and at least we found fish there. Lots of early Pre-Phil (dragging ass from the Green Bay trip) swing and misses but just couldn’t land one. Once Phil got there he brought the good luck with him...for himself ;) After about an hour lull we headed to my cousin’s preferred spot and proceeded to catch nothing, as per usual.

Sunday’s ice outing is exactly what I like about ice fishing, falling on my ass, bruising it so bad I can barely walk the next day...no, it’s getting together with friends and family and hanging out. It’s the only time I really couldn’t care less if I catch anything. Be nice, wish Urb could have stumbled on a big pike or bass but it’s not necessary to have a good time. God, if we had video of myself, Urb and Phil sliding for rods this would be an awesome post but alas it’s just photos of Phil and for that I truly apologize :D

If you look closely at the photo of the hole you’ll see about a 7lbdr I lost right on the bottom edge. Sucked
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Philcapades on ice 02-10

Postby Aux Pleins » Feb Tue 12, 2019 6:15 am

That crossing guard sure can grab a bass or two.

Gotta have the right tires for ice fishing so you don't slip and slide.

IMG_20190212_56750.jpg

IMG_20190212_47779.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Phil6 » Feb Tue 12, 2019 9:19 am

Dave you should start tagging along on all my ice fishing adventures, you dont hog any fish and you write great reports for me :sarcasm: Thanks again for having me out and it was great meeting you urb!
I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news. - JM
Phil6
Fishing Czar

Postby urbanHog312 » Feb Tue 12, 2019 9:49 am

always refreshing to try new water and cool out with the dudes. poppin' flags are just a bonus. 8)
gin, smoke, lies
urbanHog312
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Feb Tue 12, 2019 9:58 am

Nice job guys!
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby vman01 » Feb Tue 12, 2019 11:41 am

That ice does look slick. Good times.
vman01