river in illinois two trips

POst reports from those private lakes and ponds. No need to give up the location. Sometimes just knowing they're biting in a region can be a help to others.

river in illinois two trips

Postby norm m » Aug Mon 07, 2017 9:02 pm

I managed to slide in two trips to the river , one while it was dropping , the other while it was rising . Actually, that's pretty much been the story for this year , up-down-up-down with more of the up .

While it was dropping , I started with a rattlebait over cobblestone flats . I got enough smallmouth that I never saw fit to change as the action was kinda steady . Nothing big size wise, mostly 12 to 16 inchers .

While it was rising , I started with a square bill crank on the current seam , only got three there but all between 17 and 19 inches . I moved in by the outside edge of the waterwillow beds with a singlespin . It seemed like every time it came by a point or cut in the weeds it got blasted. Mostly 14 to 16 inch smallmouth .

I tried with the spinnerbait and a chatterbait in the water willow beds themself but never got bit .

Throughly enjoyed both trips , just what I needed .

Peace

Norm
norm m
Minnow

Re: river in illinois two trips

Postby Brett » Aug Mon 07, 2017 10:52 pm

Glad you got out man. Every little bit helps.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby norm m » Aug Mon 07, 2017 11:00 pm

Any more on a not so good day , I have enough stamina for about an hour, the good days about three hours . The bad days , I stay home and sleep .

Hopefully back to normal in about two months .
norm m
Minnow

Postby Brett » Aug Mon 07, 2017 11:12 pm

All the best brother. You'll be out there in full force soon.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to "Private" waters in Illinois